Chapter 12 - The Date

Playlist and Preview :

Talk by Khalid (Chapter Opening)

Looking at Me by Sabrina Carpenter (Lara having a Dinner)

Jealous by Nick Jonas (Kyle meets Lara)

Animal by Debris & RudeLies ft. Jex 'Radio Edit' (Kyle in the club)

Burning by Etham (Chapter Finale)

Lara's POV

"Aren't you a little early?" Keith puts me on the inner side of the road as soon as we get off of the car.

"I'm always early." I am trying to breathe normally.

"You should have tried to be late on your first date." Keith lectures me.

"What? Do you like it when the girl is late on your first date?" I can't believe that he told me to be late.

"Not like an hour late!" He rolls his eyes. "Just like five minutes late."

"Why?" I am lost.

"Because we don't like it when we're not late but you girls are always early, so technically you make us look like we're late." He stops walking to make a point.

I am surprised.

"Dully noted." I can't hold back my smile.

"I don't think he's here." Keith gives a high five to the door man and then opens the door for me.

"Oh, he's very much here." I spot Marco at the table by the window.

"Well, someone's nervous." He snorts.

We both witness Marco wipes off his forehead and he can't stop tapping his left foot on the floor. He's kind of cute actually, especially with that massive dimples.

"Would you wait on our table?" I ask Keith.

"You wish!" He snorts again and heads to the backroom without my permission.

Keith keeps going without even looking back at me and I can't stop smiling at his unexpectedly charming personality. I gather my eyes back to Marco and make my way to him. His light brown eyes catch me to automatically send an order to his brain to welcome me. Marco stands on his feet and wave at me with a nervous smile on his face.

"Lara Bennett?" He gathers his hands on his upper stomach.

"That's me." I offer him my hand. "You must be Marco?"

"Marco De Villa." He takes my hand with both hands.

Marco slips out his hands only to make mine fall back to my sides. I was a little bit taken aback by his action, so was he.

"Sorry." He brings his hands together again. "Let me get the chair for you."

"Thank you." I thank him as he pushes the chair back to my comfort.

"Good Evening!" A familiar voice greets us.

"Keith!" I exclaim.

Keith has a black bow tie on his white shirt and he appears to have changed his jeans into this black pants. He looks like he's on a wedding reception.

"Ms. Bennett! Mr. De Villa." He hands out the menu to me and Marco.

"Mr. Jacobson!" Marco seems surprise.

"Today's special menu is Chicken Cannelloni with Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce." He explains the menu with a very calming tone.

"I'll take it." I happily take his suggestion.