"so am i." i said, smiling.

"we lost four people in our class, but we're gonna be alright." he told me, causing me to remember the moment i found out monty was killed...

WEEK AFTER THANKSGIVING...

"sweetie, can you come to the living room?" lanie asked.

"what's up?" i asked, handing the baby to justin. i walked over to the living room and sat down on the couch.

"sweetie, i understand you went to see montgomery de la cruz last week?" lanie asked me.

"yeah. i did. look, i'm so sorry. i just had to get—"

"no, don't worry about it. it's fine. we just wanted to uh, let you know that—"

"montgomery was killed in his jail cell the day after you went to see him." lanie interrupted matt.

"i, uh, i don't understand?" i told them, confused. "you're telling me that montgomery is dead?"

"yes."

i broke down and began sobbing uncontrollably.

"come here, kiddo." matt said, pulling me into a hug.

"well justin is almost home, so we'd better get back to the outhouse." i told him, smiling and walking out alongside him.

i laid the sleeping baby back down on justin's bed. after clay and tyler walked in, we had all sat back down until i heard a car on the gravel. i stood up.

"he's here! everyone under the damn banner. come on." i told them. we got under the banner and shouted 'welcome home' as zach walked in, causing us all to groan.

zach walked up to me and i smelled alcohol on him.

"zach, are you fucking drunk?" i asked him.

"i may have pregamed at home." he said to me.

"this is a dry party for a sober person!" i told him. "go rinse with mouthwash or something. jesus." i said, as he walked away.

"we're here!" i heard lanie say. we all stood up and clapped as justin walked in and matt walked in with pizzas.

"i hope you kids brought your appetites! dig in!" he told us.

a few hours after the party, ani explained to us about something going on with tyler. i grabbed ana from justin's bed and held her in my arms as we gathered around the two beds.

"so that's why we had charlie take tyler home. look, i don't think we have much to worry about." ani told us. "honestly."

"how do we know he told you the truth about what happened in there with the cops?" tony asked.

"why would he lie?" clay asked.

"i love tyler and i hate that i'm saying this, but probably to save himself." i replied.

just then, my daughter began waking up, indicating she was hungry since she slept the whole party.

"alright, well this is my cue to go. i'll see you guys at school or something." i said, kissing justin. as charlie walked in, i walked out, greeting him along the way.

i walked upstairs and fed analeia, receiving a text from justin nearly thirty minutes later.

from: justin 💙
hey, are you okay with me coming upstairs? i don't want to walk in on you feeding her or anything.

to: justin 💙
justin... we've literally seen each other naked a billion times. you can walk in while i'm feeding our daughter.

just then, justin walked in and sat across from me on the bed, crisscrossed.