Johnny and June

Magnolia:

The crowd applauded, and I smiled brightly, breaking away tears that had sprung to my eyes. I wasn't sure if they were from the raw emotions or just these bright lights that probably made every pore visible. I bit my lip as I smiled, and tossed my hair as they settled back down.

"So, this song is for that same person," Shouts of laughter fill the room and I chuckle to myself. "I know, I know, I'm whipped. But, I have a question for them," I lock eyes with Rowen as I speak, "Would you be the Johnny Cash to my june? The Gram Parsons to my Emmylou?"

And just as I finish asking the question, the music starts and I sing my favorite song in the whole damn world. I think It perfectly describes my feelings for Rowen, how he is the music to my life.

"I'll be your Emmylou, I'll be your June if you'll be my Gram and my Johnny too, no I'm not asking, much of you, just sing, pretty darling sing with me."

The crowd erupted into cheers once again, and I smiled, climbing up and off the stage to go mingle with the crowd.

"You were amazing," rowen breathed once I reached him in the crowd.

"You're too sweet," a heated blush crept across my face and I bit my lip to keep from smiling like an absolute idiot.

"Seriously, Nola, baby, you have the most beautiful voice in the whole world, and you have such a talent with you hands-" I cock an eyebrow at him and he shakes his head laughingly, "I mean on the guitar."

"Nola!" Squeals and hysterical sharks erupt as I'm tackled by Ivy and India. We fall together in a laughing heap.

"Girl you have such a talent! You were so amazing, I can't wait to see you tomorrow!" India shouted

I shook my head, blushing, "The boys are the reason we sound good, you can't have a band with only one person."

"Even still, you're one hell of a musician!"

"Magnolia," I hear my name being called as I turn around. I see Dr. Getsby walking over towards us with the owners of the rusty nail. "I told you you should play here? And what now? You're going to have a sound out crowd two days in a row in Hyde park! I think it's all from my month of classes," He laughed teasing me.

"Oh I don't doubt it," I retorted. We continued chatting and I wandered around the bar for a bit.

I felt my pocket vibrate and I pulled it out to see my mother calling.

"Hello?"

"Hey Magnolia, I called to say we had to delay our flight a week- there were some complications with your father's work but it's nothing to worry about."

My heart momentarily sank, I had hoped that my parents would be able to see me play, considering my month in England alone was up and they were planning to arrive tomorrow. I had secretly hoped they'd be able to come, but it wasn't the end of the world. I'd get ivy or India t fim it on their phones for them.

"No worries, truly, I miss you!"

"I miss you too ladybug, I'll see you in a week."

And with that I hung up, struggling off the slight twinge of pain in my heart and headed back to where everyone was standing. My body suddenly ached with fatigue and exhaustion.

"I think I'm going to go head back to the dorm," I wearily announced.

"I'll walk you back," Rowen, offered, pulling his jacket on. He was dressed smartly in a suit.

"No, there's no need-"

"Just because there's no need doesn't mean there's no want. Let me," He said, his gruff voice soothing me. I simply nodded as we began to walk back to the dorms.

We walked slowly, breathing in the evening air. The world was dark and silent in a beautifully calm way. I reach out and slide my hand into his, the small warmth heating up my entire body. I looked up at him in the shadows, and watched as the moon light up his perfect face, his free eyes gleaming and his hair looking so dark, it almost appeared to be black. His tanned skin was normally cool toned, but gleamed a pearlescent cool tone.

He must have caught me staring at him, and glanced down at me, a huge smile crossing over his face. I couldn't help but smile back.

"What?" I nudged him, laughing as I did.

He shook his head, and looked up straight ahead of us, "Nothing... only I'm standing here, under the moonlight, with the most beautiful girl in the world. The girl I'd do anything for, the one who I'd go to hell and back for. She's like an angel, but she's not the devil in her eyes. I know she thinks she is the queen of the underground, but I am just here hoping to be her king. I used to know exactly what I wanted, to inherit my father's business, and to grow to be powerful and wealthy. Not, that all seems irrelevant. I'd live anywhere, do anything, as lOng as I can watch the sunset reflected in her eyes every night."

My heart was throbbing and I left a warmth growing through my stomach and chest, "Rowen, I-I-" I stumbled, trying to find the words I had thought moments before.

He pulled us to a stop, and looked me in the eyes, "I know."

And with that, he kissed me under the light of the streetlight, and my heart surged and leap as my body melted at his touch, and the world dissolved around us. 

...... hi! I hope you like the book! I just wanna say, please be nice in the comments. I have read alot of books here where the comments are just horrible. It hasn't' been a problem yet, but still.... I'm a teenage girl who has never written a book before, just keep that in mind.