(46)

•I'll be giving positive and negative opinions. How you respond to the feedback is up to you.•
(Sorry for any delays) :)

✰ Author: vani1012
✰ Book Name: My German Major
✰ Score: N/A (one-shot)

Cover:
The cover is original and creative. I especially like the font and the colour theme. Maybe it's a little bit busy, but I do quite like it.

Blurb/Summary:
The start of the blurb is fascinating but then the quality decreases. Firstly, in the third sentence you don't need the word 'the' before France. In the last sentences of the first paragraphs don't treat the word Paris. Instead of that sentence being there, perhaps you can start off the blurb with a three word sentence: 'Frustration, starvation, humiliation' and then continue on with the description of what's happened.
The second paragraph needs a full stop in the first sentence.

Writing Style:
For the story, I liked that the pov was from the grandma's perspective.  Speech is a strong point of yours as you keep it short, informative and very compelling. I was hooked into what the characters were saying and the actual story. The language and descriptions are very emotive, however you could start of sentences more varyingly, instead of proper nouns.
There isn't much to write as it's only one chapter and your writing is actually quite intriguing.

SPAG
There is missing or incorrect punctuation and incorrect capitalisation and I recommend you edit through your work. Try to include more punctuation like colons, hyphens and brackets.

Characters/Plot:
The storyline is excellent and I found I was hooked into this unique love story. The characters are also portrayed well in this short chapter and I felt like I knew them. Great work and I'd love to read more like this.

~Thanks
❁ Comment & Vote