(39)

•I'll be giving positive and negative opinions. How you respond to the feedback is up to you.•
(Sorry for any delays) :)

✰ Author: iamritamg
✰ Book Name: Mystery of Curses
✰ Score: 23

Cover:
I love the fonts on the cover but I felt like the image didnt link to the title when I first saw it. (4/5)

Blurb/Summary:
The blurb is an excellent summary of the story and I was so intrigued by the exciting concept of the story and was definitely hooked into the book. Great job (5/5)

Writing Style:
The first chapter was just amazing. You used a wide variety of techniques like metaphors, similes and ambitious vocabulary which created a vivid description. I was thoroughly intrigued by the first chapter itself.
You use a lot of ambitious vocabulary like adjectives and adverbs so I'd say try to use those words at the start of sentences.
I feel that some of your chapters are too detailed. Try to cut back on unnecessary descriptions and use more shorter sentences. The same goes for speech: try using indirect speech too.
Also, try to start chapters with more of a hook or suspense. For example with the adjectives, a question or multiple short sentences. (8/10)

SPAG
There were  minor errors in your writing which you can fix by reading through your work. Punctuation needs to be used more. Include colons and semicolons instead of connectives to create shorter sentences and use hyphens or brackets to create complex sentences. (3/5)

Characters/Plot:
I just wanted to point out that there wouldn't be Rolls Royce or any other modern technology in that era. Other than that I love the concept of the story and the characters have been presented remarkably. They each have their own personality and I especially love their names. I would like to add that you should put character thoughts in italics so it's not confusing. (3/5)

Recap
Overall, your writing has vivid descriptions and is uniquely written. Focus on the techniques you can use to develop your writing and how you can go above and beyond to perfect your story.
I'd love to read more from you.

~Thanks
❁ Comment & Vote