(20)

•I'll be giving positive and negative opinions. How you respond to the feedback is up to you.•

✰ Author: daniellie802
✰ Book Name: Realms of Magic
✰ Score: 23

Cover:
The cover is eye catching and everything flows well from the colours to the font. Good job. (5/5)

Blurb/Summary:
This section will be short again because your summary is very well written and a good book always has a good blurb. I loved it. (5/5)

Writing Style:
Your writing consists of a lot of speech, however this is not bad as you have a knack for writing it quite well. It's short and not boring. Although, it is good to vary between both direct and indirect speech.
Also, try to use the five senses to create more evocative imagery. Again by doing this you'll build the tension and create a descriptive scene. Focus on the senses that writers don't usually think of: touch, smell and taste. You could even use metaphors or personification for this, e.g.
"Immediately, she could taste the fear in her mouth, the sudden scent of rotting blood suffocating her."
You need to build up suspense and tension. Perhaps you could check out https://www.writersdigest.com/online-editor/6-secrets-to-creating-and-sustaining-suspense for more help with this.  (6/10)

SPAG:
There were some minor grammar and spelling errors but nothing big. Punctuation could be used more, for example, the use colons or hyphens to included complex sentences in your writing. (4/5)

Characters/Plot:
The storyline is great however I do believe you can build up the plot and include twists. The same for the characters- expand on their emotions and let the reader get to know them a bit more. (3/5)

Recap
To conclude, although your story has potential you need to build suspense and develop character emotions as well as descriptions.

~Thanks
❁ Comment & Vote