(11)

•I'll be giving positive and negative opinions. How you respond to the feedback is up to you.•

✰ Author: Hostile_Hedgehog
✰ Book Name: You Remind Me of a Cactus
✰ Score: 25/30

Cover:
The cover is simple and cute but the best thing for me was the caption. I love the play on words and the title is just perfect. (5/5)

Blurb/Summary:
The blurb is also perfect I wouldn't change anything about it. Good work! (5/5)

Writing Style:
Your vocabulary is quite good and a lot of your writing is consistently interesting. However some words are repeated and I'd suggest finding synonyms, e.g. a synonym for "building" is edifice.
Moving on, I noticed you use a lot of adverbs to describe actions- which is great- but I'd suggest putting adverbs and adjectives at the start of some sentences. Although it might be the same it actually becomes more interesting to read.
Finally, I do believe you can start off chapters in more exciting ways.
Perhaps with a short yet detailed description, rhetorical questions or even a short sentence. This makes the beginning compelling and almost makes the chapter suspenseful. (8/10)

SPAG
As far as I know there weren't spelling errors. You could include more punctuation like colons or hyphens. Other than that SPAG is not a problem. (4/5)

Characters/Plot:
So far both main characters juxtapose each other. They each have their own creative personality which you introduce us to immediately. The storyline seems a bit cliche but try and include plot twists or dilemmas to keep it interesting. (3/5)

Recap
Overall, your writing does not have many errors and you can use descriptive vocabulary. I'd suggest staring chapters more excitingly and add plot twists...

~Thanks
❁ Comment & Vote