(29)

•I'll be giving positive and negative opinions. How you respond to the feedback is up to you.•

✰ Author: vani1012
✰ Book Name: Finding Love
✰ Score: 26

Cover:
The cover is pretty, simple and clear. The font is the perfect size and the title is also great. Good job. (5/5)

Blurb/Summary:
You have written an exciting and intriguing summary of your book. It reveals just the right amount and I knew I wanted to read the book. There's just a few errors:
"Abandoned by her parents..."
"...or will this damsel in distress remain unloved?"
"Asked to overtake the business..."
(4/5)

Writing Style:
The prologue is well thought of and an amazing way to start off your story. I loved the idea of the repetition and the rhetorical questions. However, you must keep to the same tense consistently.
To be honest, there's not a lot of mistakes in the story. I thoroughly loved reading the chapters as they were so intriguing. Something I would like to see more is descriptions of the setting. Just a few lines or a small paragraph so that the reader can fully imagine what is happening. Try not to overuse rhetorical questions. Some other techniques include: metaphors, similes, alliteration, triple adjectives or single word sentences. Furthermore, try to include more ambitious vocabulary. You can just look on the internet for synonyms to simple and unexciting words. (8/10)

SPAG
There weren't any obvious spelling errors, there some grammar errors and punctuation like colons, brackets, ellipses and hyphens need to be used more. (4/5)

Characters/Plot:
I loved the characters. They were all compelling to read about and had clearly differentiating personalities. I would say that instead of saying characters are sad or scared etc try and show it. Perhaps if the character is worried they could be fidgeting or sweating. If they're angry they could be clenching their fist or ticking their jaw. The plot has clearly been though out an planned. Every chapter became more and more exciting for me and I can't wait for you to update. Continue the amazing work. (5/5)

Recap
Overall I'd say just go through your writing to make sure it's written in the same tense. Then try including what I've said above. There's always room to improve.

~Thanks
❁ Comment & Vote