(38)

•I'll be giving positive and negative opinions. How you respond to the feedback is up to you.•

✰ Author: LindaLsc
✰ Book Name: Tears' Curse
✰ Score: 26

Cover:
The cover looks simple and pretty and I especially liked the caption. However, it was a bit confusing. (5/5)

Blurb/Summary:
The blurb is written greatly and is fascinating. It summarises the story well and I like the use of the rhetorical questions at then end. So far so good. (5/5)

Writing Style:
As I read the first chapter I was deeply intrigued by the story because of the vivid descriptions. You included metaphors, personification, emotive language and so much more to create a tense and exciting mood.
Perhaps you could use a wider and a more interesting variety of sentence starters so that it doesn't always begin with proper nouns.
Your speech is written very well- by that I mean that it's not prolonged and boring. I always say to change between both direct and indirect speech.
Also, make sure that the sentences make sense and flow well. The last thing you want is creating cringe scenes.  (8/10)

SPAG
There were grammar errors and some missed capital letters which can be fixed by going through your writing. As for the punctuation I would recommend you use colons and semi-colons for shorter sentences so the pace isn't always slow. You could use hyphens and brackets for complex sentences. (3/5)

Characters/Plot:
The characters are well thought of and very unique. I can imagine them clearly and understand their emotions through your writing, although I would like to see more emotions and inner thoughts form the main character. The story plot is great as I've never read anything like it. The concepts for the worlds is planned nicely and the progression of the story is paced very well.  (5/5)

Recap
Overall your writing is compelling and complex but there is always room to improve or go above and beyond. Try to start chapters and sentences as interestingly as you can. Reread your writing to ensure it makes sense and flows smoothly.

~Thanks
❁ Comment & Vote