Bombay Mixx - Chapter One - Part Twenty Nine

Chapter One – New Pastures?

(Part Twenty Nine)

The fashion show was interesting.

Skeleton models wandering around in next to nothing, very old and much tanned men hanging off their arms and old women flashing the cash pretending to understand what makes a female look beautiful.

The only thing that made me get through the evening was lots of free champagne and a young waiter asking me for my telephone number (he was very cute but very young, however, the evening was full of free flowing alcohol and his butt was very firm so I gave it to him without a second thought).

Amelia was introducing Gabrielle to one of her colleagues and I could see she was interested in him as she was doing her girly, ‘I’m going to harpoon you into being my boyfriend,’ laugh. Anya met a potential client so she was sussing out his credentials (this meant the size of his wallet and his reputation. Anya could meet a billionaire but if he was not discrete and remotely intelligent, she would not give him a second thought), he seemed to be winning so I left her to it.

It got to midnight and I stumbled out of the after party having said my goodbyes and threw myself into a cab. ‘Hey sezy, I’m on my way so make sure you’ve taken some Pro Plus cos you ain’t sleeping tonight’ I told Angus as I made the drunken phone call. 

In the back of the taxi I felt my head spinning but in the light, fairy way which made the world seem more funny so after laughing very hard at one of the taxi driver jokes, I exited the cab to meet Angus with a drunken snog and stumbled down the road to a small two bedroom flat.

The flat was compact but expensive looking with the minimal, bachelor apartment theme. With a few champagne bottles and glasses on the luxurious glass coffee table, I realised that to avoid him waiting for me to come round, he had a little party to kill the time.

We didn’t wait.

Clothes off, hands all over each others bodies, bodies being thrown around the room…

Then it stops!

‘I’m not sure what’s going on? Maybe it was the wait. It doesn’t usually happen,’ he says whilst pulling away.

‘OMG he cannot get an erection,’ echoed in my head as I looked at him with longing. As we both got into bed and lay next to each other there was a moment of silence when I decided it was time to console him. ‘Hun, it’s really ok. It happens to everyone. It’s not your fault; I think it’s just too much alcohol on both our parts. We can just cuddle and maybe try again later’. He regarded me with a serious look as though I had just said I was going to broadcast his failure on YouTube, and then he got out of bed and started to head to the shower.

‘What the heck was going on? I didn’t blame him but now he’s treating me like I’m a leper. I have to say something,’ I questioned to myself and headed to the shower door.

‘Is everything ok hun?’ I enquired. ‘Everything is fine but I’ve got to be up early tomorrow so maybe it’s not the best idea that you stay over tonight. I’ll call you tho’,’ he announced as he entered the shower with my angry thoughts being drowned out by the splashing of water.

‘Why did I feel like I had just gone from Utopia to the part of the film when Bambi’s mother gets shot by the hunter?’ I questioned as I accepted his request and gather my clothes together.

I was putting on my skirt when I grabbed my blouse which was wrapped around his phone.

It started to ring.

***SIDE NOTE***

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my tongue-in-cheek Chick Lit story, Bombay Mixx.

I am trying to get a literary agent but need more Amazon reviews to get noticed so if you are enjoying Bombay Mixx and have a spare few minutes in your day to support me by putting a review on Bombay Mixx on Amazon, I would really, really, really appreciate it!

I am aware that this story needs re-editing and am saving some more money to get a better editor to re-edit this book ASAP (the previous editor ripped me off!) but I would like potential readers to see there is an interesting storyline passed the obvious spelling and grammatical issues.

To say thank you for your Amazon review, I would like to send you a free e-copy of the sequel when it is published. Just email me the URL of your Amazon review and I will add you to the list.

Thank you so much and hope you continue to enjoy Nita’s wild Bombay Mixx ride!