Bombay Mixx - Chapter Three - Part Five

It’s like an episode of Jerry Springer! ‘What a beautiful gesture for Geron to do for them but what on earth was he thinking not telling Amelia straight away? What’s with all the lies this week?’I thought as I then remembered she said he wanted to marry her. ‘OMG, did Geron ask you to marry him?’ I squealed in excitement, completely forgetting about the baby he is having with the lesbian couple.

Amelia waved her hands in the air…there was no rings on either hand. ‘I refuse to marry a man who can keep something like this from me. He said they made the arrangement that he was just going to be their sperm donor but are you telling me that he’ll be able to look at the baby and just walk away? I doubt it very much, so I’ve ended it with him! I just need to send him some of the things he left at the flat then I’m moving on from this freak show,’ she stated coldly as she tucked into her chicken salad.

‘A little harsh but I guess she is hurting at the moment’ I pondered as she decided that she didn’t want to talk about it anymore and we started to dissect the week I had just had. ‘Your parents have spilt up Neets? Are you being serious?’ she gasped as her words made the situation all the more real and I couldn’t contain it anymore and the flood gates opened.

I no longer cared about the uncomfortable stares and whispers I was getting from the other diners as this is why I needed Amelia to come back.

She was always the caring, motherly, thoughtful one, who, when any of us had problems, no matter what she was doing, she would always drop it to listen to our woes and never judge.

‘Hun, it’ll be fine really,’ she said as she hugged me. ‘Your dad would never cheat on your mum. He loves her too much and you can see it as soon as you meet them. Just talk to him and find out the truth.’

I must admit, I had ignored all his calls and his efforts to meet me as all the evidence pointed towards him cheating but I knew I had to give him a chance so I agreed to call him that evening and arrange to meet him to talk. ‘So, is Angus being your knight in shining armour then?’ she quizzed as she tried to lighten the conversation.

There was no other option but to lie as it would have sounded pathetic to say, ‘he’s not exactly talking to me cos I hung up on him when he couldn’t see me Sunday evening’. ‘Yeah, he’s been really sweet. So how are your mum and dad?’ I asked as I quickly changed the subject. 

Luckily, she didn’t press the Angus topic and as we settled into much more fun topics (Anya’s latest client, Dolph, Gabrielle’s new conquests, new nights we needed outfits for, etc) and a few more glasses of wine, I didn’t realise how late it was and promised to continue the gossiping tonight at the flat, whilst I rushed back to the office.

Pretending to listen to Ann, whilst she shouted out figures at me to input into a spreadsheet, I wondered about how Angus would introduce me to his family and friends. ‘Would he throw caution to the wind and as soon as the divorce is through declare his undying love for me and tell his family and friends that no matter what they say he is marrying me straight away. Or would he be more sensitive to the situation and introduce me as his girlfriend and after a few months tell everyone we’re getting married? Either way as long as we’re married I don’t mind. I’ll still be there for my man,’ I mused as Ann came to the end of her list.

Luckily, 6pm came quite quickly (a little overtime doesn’t hurt especially when your trying to get a promotion. I would like to say I wanted the promotion to develop my career but it really meant a pay rise and being closer to the salaries of Gabrielle and Amelia instead of always feeling like it was my first ever job and it was minimum wage!) and I ran out of the building as though it were on fire.

A much need bottle of white wine was chilling in the fridge, so I found it was worth fighting my way through the rubble, dust and wooden planks left by the work men who were working on refurbishing the two top floor apartments into one, to get a big glass and my favourite chocolates. Kicking off my heels, getting one of the box of chocolates Geron bought for Amelia throughout his week of begging for her forgiveness, I joined her on the sofa for our daily instalment of the soaps. ‘Have you seen all the rubbish they are making out there?’ Amelia scowled as she looked at the card with the description of chocolates on it.