Bombay Mixx - Chapter Four - Part One

Chapter Four – Trinity of Revelations

Renesh must have a guardian angel as he was saved from my tongue lashing, as Amelia came running in the front room waving some tickets in all our faces.

‘Get your glad rags on ladies we are off out to get liquored up,’ she paused for a moment and observed our already inebriated expressions and continued, ‘ok more liquored up,’ to which she handed us a ticket each.

The ticket boasted,

‘A night of pure pleasure to celebrate the successes of the designers of the year. With creativity, flair, and an element of the unexpected, please make sure you leave your inhibitions at the door, to enjoy this night of exploration.’

‘Errr what type of night are you taking us to Meels?’ I questioned as we all looked at each other with confused looks.

‘It’s just the fashion shows after party! You know they have to make it sound more fancy than it is, to stand out from all the other parties that are going on,’ she laughed as she walked into her room, probably to look through her Chronicles of Narnia wardrobe to see what she could find to wear tonight. However, I’m guessing that instead of her feeling freezing cold snow as she searched the back of her closet, she would feel about ten pairs of Jimmy Choo’s!

Feeling slightly more excited at the idea of lots of free champagne and beautiful garments (I can only look at as I knew the price of them would make me faint!), rather than a small dark room with lots of people ‘exploring’ their more intimate sides, which was the thought that ran threw my mind when I first heard the sales pitch, I went into the bathroom to get ready.

Walking through the heavy sliver doors, which made me think there would be a huge alien at the other side to devour me, we were met by a man in a flashy blue suit. ‘an I help you?’ he asked as he stood in a low lit reception foyer, with beautiful high ceilings. However, along with the marble black and white tiled floor there was nothing but an unusual shaped, large desk in the middle and an even more bizarre looking chair behind it.

I looked around to see if there was another piece of furniture in this sparse space but it was eerily vacant and silent, as though we had come to the wrong address.

‘We have an invite,’ Amelia announced as she handed the man the piece of card. He looked at it in detail and once he was happy the ticket wasn’t a fake, he opened some large, white, hidden doors to his left and we entered the blue arena.   

Streaming blue lighting surprised our eyes as we entered.

Cool white, oversized sofas covered the floor below, so we walked down the silver stairs to investigate further.

Dancer’s on stage captivated the men, whilst the male waiters wearing nothing but one of the designer’s boxer shorts kept the women engaged. It was surprisingly warm, so we tried to escape to the balcony section, where we passed a swimming pool with a floating bar.

Laughing at the men, trying to get in and out of the pool with some form of dignity, we didn’t realise the waiter’s constantly refilling our glasses as we danced to the latest dance song being played by an extremely enthusiastic DJ. Anya’s facial expression changed to one of thunder.