Bombay Mixx - Chapter Five - Part Three

There were still no phone calls or messages and I started to fret. ‘We need to go NOW, Yatin,’ I yelled as I grabbed his arm and ran from the club.

The cold night air hit our drunken faces and remembering why we had to leave the flat in the first place, we flagged a taxi and headed home with heavy hearts and dizzy heads.

We ran up the stairs, fumbled around to put the key in the lock and ran into a quiet front room.

‘Oh my God, she’s killed him,’ I thought as I scrabbled for the light switch.

Yatin’s pace agreed with my train of thought as he rushed behind me, only to trip over his shoes in the doorway and straight onto me, both landing on the floor with a thud!

‘Are you both ok down there?’ my mum asked as she popped her head up from the sofa.

The television was on low, the dinner had been eaten and the candles had gone out, but where was dad? And why was mum so calm?

‘We’re fine. Where’s dad?’ I asked in a panicked tone as I tried to get myself together, leaving Yatin grabbing at anything that could help him focus and get back up.

With blurred vision and my head spinning, I couldn’t rely on my eyes to give me the answers I needed.

‘Sorry darling but he’s crashed out on the sofa. Everything is fine honey and we’ve sorted everything out, so if you don’t mind can we leave him here and we’ll update you in the morning?’ she said pointing to a snoring dad.

Without managing to turn my head away from the perfect vision of mum in dad’s arm on the sofa, I didn’t feel Yatin at the side of me smiling.

‘You can’t sleep on the couch. Come on, sleep in the spare room, mum,’ he spurted out before he stumbled over and gave her a drunken hug.

Astonished at Yatin calling her ‘mum’ for the first time, she just nodded, open mouthed, woke dad up and directed him to the spare room where we said our goodnights and crashed out on our beds…hard!

Being shot out of my drunken stupor by a vibrating mobile phone at 8am was not the way I thought I’d be woken up, however, slowly turning my head to a snoring Yatin made me quickly realise the sexy, hangover, wake up call I was dreaming about was a distant dream as I read the text on my phone.

It was from Renesh!

Usually his texts are long and funny but this was completely the opposite and had tones of distress.

‘Hey sis, are you busy today? I really need to see you?’ he begged as I could still taste the indulgence of alcohol we had a few hours ago.

I shuffled my way out of bed and into the kitchen.

Smells, which should have delighted my nose (and empty stomach), engulfed the room to such an extent that my intoxicated body mustered the tiny bit of energy it was reserving for the engagement plans later, and bolted to the bathroom.

Moments later, I emerged to a concerned mum and dad.

‘Hun, are you ok? I made you both breakfast. Come and get it before it gets cold,’ mum ordered as she guided me to the food.