Bombay Mixx - Chapter Three - Part One

Chapter Three – Was it worth it?

Being in the flat was very strange without Amelia.

We tried to call her but we were unable to speak to her so we just communicated with her through her mother.

The next two weeks consisted of Geron constantly calling to see if one of us would crack and tell him where Amelia was and how he could get her back, he obviously didn’t believe that none of us had that answer.

Amidst the gloom of the Amelia and Geron situation, the rest of our lives were actually going quite well.

I was working really hard and in the hope of being offered a promotion (I think Sarah had a hand in me getting considered for the research assistants position but I wasn’t going to argue as it was a nice pay rise), me and Angus were going from strength to strength and we were now seeing each other at least twice a week and I had moved some of my things into his Golders Green apartment to make it easier, if I wanted to stay over in the week. He was still very busy and often had to leave for a few hours but it was understandable as he explained that he was trying to sort out how he could have a stress free divorce and met his solicitor a few times a week to go through the updates.

Anya was having a slightly more interesting time as she has recently acquired a new client called Dolph, who is a German Stockbroker, and is more fascinated with Anya in a personal capacity than professional and I think she might actually feel the same way.

Anya is very professional and never engages in anything personal with a client but when she accepted an invite from Dolph to attend one of his work functions in Berlin, I knew he was going to be different from the rest of her clientele. ‘So, how is Dolph today?’ I asked suggestively knowing it would spark a reaction. Anya regarded me with a cool stare and continued, ‘I think he is vine. I do not have a tracker on my clients, you know.’ I chuckled knowing she was trying her hardest to remain cool about the situation, so I tried to break the glass exterior. ‘Are you saying that you don’t like him? What if he asked you to move to his castle in Germany and live the rest of your life being Queen Anya and making strudels?’ I asked before falling into a fit of laughter to which Anya joined me whilst holding her stomach from laughing so much.    

Gabrielle was a different subject completely.

Throughout the two weeks without Amelia, we hardly saw Gabrielle and only knew she was still alive when we had to begrudgingly sign for huge bouquets of expensive flowers and gifts from her admirers. When she entered the flat she would seem so surprised that the presents were for her then she thought it was a good idea to put us out of our misery and say us, ‘Awww, John is so sweet,’ as she read the silver card attached to the latest diamond bracelet.

The sick looks on our faces didn’t faze her as she continued, ‘John is so sweet but I think he should know me by now…I don’t do normal gold, only platinum, so I might give this to someone for their birthday. I think Shilpa’s birthday is next, isn’t it? Do you think she’ll like it, Neets?’ She purred as she flaunted it in my face.

I didn’t entertain her gloating so I just shrugged my shoulders but my lack of response didn’t deter Gabrielle as she went on, ‘I do like John but he’s a little boring so I might just see him once in the week and continue to see Carlos at the weekend.’ She grabbed another dowry but this time it was platinum, diamond encrusted ring encased in a beautiful dark green cashmere scarf. ‘You see Carlos knows me so well and he’s so much fun but he’s away with football so when we do finally have time together we have to make it extra special,’ she bragged as me and Anya just looked at each other in despair.

Anya couldn’t take anymore and decided to bring Gabrielle down from the clouds a little. ‘So if these men want you so much where is the engagement ring?’ she questioned as Gabrielle went bright red with embarrassment. She quickly packed away her gifts and answered, ‘I’m not ready to settle down yet. I want to be sure I have found Mr. Right first.’ Anya was very quick with her retort and swiftly asked, ‘but I thought Carlos was the perfect one at the moment? But you do know what they say about footballers, yes?’ Gabrielle fumed with anger and I know this meant there was the potential for an argument, which I didn’t want to be near, and with that notion I decided to pretend to get some water from the kitchen, still listening to what could be the cause of World War Three. ‘What do they say then, Anya? I always respect your opinion on men as you have so much experience with them,’ Gabrielle spat out to an unaffected Anya.

Anya got up and walked into her room and Gabrielle smiled as though she thought she won the battle.

Big mistake as you never win an argument with Anya!

Anya came back into the lounge clutching a mustard version of the cashmere scarf Carlos had just bought for Gabrielle along with the same platinum diamond encrusted ring, ‘I do know a lot about men Gabrielle and I know that a footballer will never only have one voman.’ Anya announced as Gabrielle compared Anya’s gifts to her own and went running into her room.

‘I’m sorry Nita but she had to know,’ Anya professed as she threw the items onto the sofa as though they were nothing but the TV Guide. ‘It’s ok. She was getting on my nerves with all her boasting but at least she knows what type of guy he is now,’ I replied.

We went back to the sofa with our glasses of wine, ate the remains of the Chinese takeaway from last night and settled down to our daily dose of soap opera action.

Five minutes later Gabrielle stormed out and spent the next few days at mum and dads which meant I had a peaceful few days to myself in the flat.