Bombay Mixx - Chapter One - Part Twenty Seven

Chapter One – New Pastures?

(Part Twenty Seven)

‘Oh shit. I need to get a fresh suit before work,’ Angus announced as he tried to get out of bed but his head was screaming for him to lie back down so he didn’t argue. ‘Uuuurrgh. This is not a good feeling, right now,’ he continued as I tried to gain focus.

We looked at each other, smiled and got out of bed.

I checked that the coast was clear and Angus sneaked into the bathroom with me. ‘Ok. So I’ll get a shower first and then hand it over to you. I’ll be two seconds. Amelia’s boyfriend left some shampoo, shower gel and stuff over there so you can use that, ok?’ I asked as I threw him a towel and got into the shower.

There was a pause and I assumed he was okay with the arrangement so I got into the shower and started to wash. It wasn’t until I felt Angus washing my back that I realised he wanted a joint shower so we started to wash each other. Then we started to kiss which ended in a nice shower sex session which really woke both of us up.

Even though it was a quickie it certainly set me up for the day.

He left before me and was only spotted by Amelia who thought he was the delivery man as she was still drunk from last night and was being distracted by Geron’s breakfast requests.

Geron was Amelia’s French boyfriend.

They have been seeing each other since I moved into the flat but it only became serious recently and I was very happy about this as he was an architect, creative like Amelia and it is apparent to all that they love each other but Amelia is taking her time as she seems to be afraid to commit to him fully, as he still lives in Paris but wants her to move in with him so they can be together properly.

Going to work this morning wasn’t as much of a chore as it usually is so when I literally skipped into the office I was interrogated by Brian first with his theories of who I got ‘laid’ by and Ann’s distaste of my extra slow condition. ‘I hope you haven’t been out partying again last night as we have a very busy day today. Mr Arndale’s certificates were not for the correct shares and he’s threatening to sue if we do not correct it in a day! He needs an update by midday so amongst all the other accounts we will be working on, his takes priority, ok?’ Ann demanded as she regarded me as a drunken pop star at a nunnery.

I just nodded slowly as I realised I needed to conserve my energy to staying awake and not be sick.

I got to my desk and proceeded to get ready for the working day ahead.

1) Phone messages? Check.

2) Post? Check.

3) Emails? Check

Then I saw one from Angus and I tried not to open it too fast as he had set it up to send him a message when I had opened it so I went to get a coffee, have a five minute catch up with Brian then I pressed the button,

‘Hey Gorgeous, I had a fantastic time last night. You’re one hell of a woman and really hope it wasn’t a one night affair as I think we could have something special here.

Yours always,

Angus. Xx’

A shiver went through me as flashbacks of last night came into my head and although parts were very limited, the film was still watch-able in my head! I looked up into his office after I read it and he smiled and waved to which I replied with a smile.

Ann made sure I had no Angus time throughout the day as she piled more work on me at every given opportunity. Angus was busy in meetings and on a business lunch so I had no outlet for my boredom until I had a phone call from Amelia. ‘Hey babe, whatcha doin?’ she asked as though she hadn’t just called me at work. ‘I’m working hun, why what’s up?’ I responded whilst continuing to go through some files. ‘Well, how about you join me, Anya and Gabrielle at a fashion show my boss has got me tickets for? We could go for drinks in central London first and then hit there for about 8ish?’ she squeaked as the excitement was taking over. ‘Well I have no plans and it is Friday,’ I thought as I agreed and started to try to figure out what was in my wardrobe.

With the thought of seeing skinny models walking down a runway with next to nothing on, I decided to avoid the chocolate brownie at lunch and just plump for a banana instead.

5 o’ clock came slowly but I passed the completed files to Ann and wished her a good weekend. ‘You have a good weekend too and try not to drink too much,’ she added before I headed to the lifts.

Before I got in, my mobile phone got a message so I waited for the next lift so I could read it. ‘Hey beautiful, can I see you tonight?’ it was Angus! My stomach churned and I replied, ‘I have plans but I should be available after midnight if that isn’t too late?’ I got into the lift and as soon as I got out he had sent another message, ‘perfect, just get a taxi to Golders Green station and I’ll pick you up. See you later then sexy. X.’ I grinned with excitement and continued home.

As soon as I got through the door I could tell it was going to be an interesting night!