Bombay Mixx - Chapter One - Part Seven

Chapter One – New Pastures?

(Part Seven)

The festivities continued for the next few hours and even with the arrival of Gabrielle and her smart comments about flat rules and trying to show her authority, we conquered 3 bottles of champagne, whilst gossiping about friends, boyfriends, possible future partners and changes. We then went on to devour some sushi and destroyed 3 boxes of expensive chocolates Anya got from one of her clients.

As it approached midnight, I thought I should go to bed as I could feel my tipsy, happy head turning into a drunken one and I could feel myself reaching for the phone to call the bastard who was probably snuggling up to the leggy blonde he was shagging and exposing all over town while I was at home waiting for him to call and accepting his, ‘I’m really busy,’ excuses!

I picked up the phone, started to dial the number - then…I saw daylight!

******************************************************************************************

I couldn’t believe it, I fell asleep with the phone in my hand and it is now 7.30am…I have 30 minutes to get ready and leave! I look like I’ve been dragged through a hedge backwards and I’ve got bags under my eyes bigger than a years shopping at Asda!

Ok, focus Nita! You need to iron your clothes, get a shower, remove the fraggle hairstyle and hit the make-up with gusto like a make-up counter lady who just won’t take no for an answer when they are trying to shotgun you with bright make up that doesn’t come near to blending with your natural tones, that’s why they look toxic orange with scary Stepford wives smiles.

As soon as I got to the bedroom door, I heard a sound which made my brain realise that it was pointless trying to plan the next 30 minutes of brutal beauty preparations because that bathroom door was now closed tighter than my ex boyfriends wallet!!!

Gabrielle must have heard me surface and ran straight into the bathroom. Now this wouldn’t usually be such a bad thing if it was any of the other girls, but my sister is the worse for coming out of the bathroom quickly and insists that it is her right to use all the hot water, regardless of whether or not it takes at least 10 minutes to heat back up!

Normally, I try to ignore her selfishness but today was a new start to my life so I wanted to see what would happen when the other girls realised who was in the bathroom.

I walked out into the kitchen to get a cup of coffee and to start my day with a bit of sisterly stirring. I was happy when I saw Amelia coming out of her bedroom heading towards the bathroom.

‘Morning Hun, how did you sleep?’ she said whilst sleep walking.

I started to pour the hot black tar into my huge mug, ‘I slept really well. The alcohol knocked me out, but no hangover which is surprising!’ I chuckled whilst I held my head.

She got to the bathroom door and tried it, ‘who’s in the bathroom?’ she asked knowing the answer.

‘Errrm Gabrielle’ I replied with an eyebrow raised. ‘Gabby, hurry up and don’t use all the hot water!’ she shouted at the door with impatience and authority in her sleepy voice.

I must ask her to teach me how to do that, I pondered as she came back to join me for a chat with Gabrielle emerging from the bathroom within 5 minutes of the ultimatum.

I was very impressed with my morning and I thought it was a great start to a new week and a new life…and how right I was.