Bombay Mixx - Chapter One - Part Five

Chapter One – New Pastures?

(Part Five)

Renesh is very much like my father, in looks and personality. He is 30 years old but seems to be mature beyond his years. Peaceful, calm and a diplomat, he never argues and always seems to find the good in people.

He has my father’s strong features, light complexion, straight black hair, muscular build (as he loves the gym) and is 6’2.

He is always the one me and my sister go to when we need to talk, bitch about each other or need help.

Renesh is married to his university sweetheart, Shilpa, but his marriage seems to be under pressure as he has limited time with his wife because she is a trainee doctor and spends a lot of time at the hospital.

My mother recognised his dilemma early in his marriage and tried to talk to him, but Renesh is a very proud man and just says that everything is fine, to avoid the conversation.

As everyone continues to congratulate Gabrielle about her successes, I head for the food and ask my brother if he would help me with moving. ‘Sure I’ll help, especially if that Russian girl is still living there. Wow, now there’s a lady you would never say no to!’ Renesh says whilst laughing.

As the food gets devoured and the praising dies down, I set off to pack the last of my clothes and head towards my new life as an independent, city slicker…well after accepting the £200.00 gift from my father and the “essential, I’m moving out” food package from my mother (even though I was only moving about 30 minutes away).