Bombay Mixx - Chapter Three - Part Three

We sat there in silence for a moment as this woman was only ever referred to as, ‘the pervious one,’ and never had a name so it was surprising to put a name to the craziness!

‘Mum, don’t listen to this woman! She’s obviously crazy! It’s been over 20 years and she’s still got this obsession with dad. Its clearly all lies, dad would never cheat on you,’ I begged as I continued to hug her.

She shook her head as though my words just fell on deaf ears, ‘so, why has he been so secretive for the past few weeks then?’ she questioned, ‘you’ve seen him take his phone calls outside the room! He’s been coming home later than usual, I can smell perfume on his clothes; what else can you say to defend him, Nita? I know he’s your father but all the proof is there!’ she said calmly.

I had no answers!

‘Have you spoken to dad about this?’ I enquired. She shook her head and continued, ‘I only got the phone calls today. She called at midday and started her ranting about him loving her and being with her so I hung up and when I put it to go straight to voicemail she decided to leave the message,’ she explained whilst refilling her drink.

‘Ok, well I think you should forget about this insane woman for the time being, I’ll run you a nice, bubbly bath and we’ll get a takeaway and relax. How does that sound?’ I tried as I walked upstairs to get the bath started, I looked back to see her just nod sadly and I went to get the candles and muscle soak.

After ushering her to the bathroom, I cleaned up the smashed china, poured myself another large drink and ordered the takeaway.

Five minutes later as I settled down on the sofa, trying to focus on Coronation Street, another drama was about to start as the door handle turned and dad entered the house.

‘Oh, hiya Nita, it’s a surprise to see you here on a weekday. You ok? Where’s mum?’ he asked seemly unaware of the recent events of today.

Before I could reply, we were distracted by a huge suitcase flying down the stairs. ‘Get the fuck out you lying bastard’ I heard mum shout from the top of the stairs as she came down in a storm.

My father looked at me in shock and I looked back at him with no expression as he saw his raging wife descend upon him, with her arms waving, making me take cover to avoid getting caught in the hurricane.

It was obvious that my father wasn’t prepared for the wrath of my mother as she caught him off guard with a few punches before he was able to restrain her and finally get some understanding of her fury. ‘What the hell is wrong with you, Niamh?’ he panicked. ‘I know about it all! Did you think I wouldn’t find out? Why would you marry me if you still wanted to be with her? Was I just a trial session? Just a bit of fun? Well fuck you Parwez! I don’t need you and never will so piss off,’ she spat as she hit him again.

My father looked at me for help but when my mum was angry, I usually did the clever thing and back away as she was a very fiery woman when she got started. ‘What are you going on about? Are you going crazy?’ he gasped as he moved away from her.

Never call an angry woman crazy and expect to get away with it!

‘Crazy? You think I’m crazy? You have no idea what crazy is,’ she screamed and with that the crystal vase Gabrielle bought them one Christmas, flew towards his head!

Luckily, he ducked in time but there were more items aimed at him and I must admit I was very impressed at his speed and co–ordination at dodging them.

‘Nita, please be the voice of reason and tell me what has possessed your mother?’ he begged.

‘We know about your affair with Shampa, dad,’ I responded in a disappointed tone.