Bombay Mixx - Chapter One - Part Twenty

Chapter One – New Pastures?

(Part Twenty)

As it hit 4.45pm, I started to pack up my desk and headed to the toilet to inspect my appearance for the evening ahead. I got to the ladies bathroom door and felt a hand on the back of my neck. ‘One of my fantasies would be me and you getting passionate in the ladies bathroom here,’ it was Angus and his smutty chat up lines.

I moved away from him and tried not to look at him but unfortunately I could smell him and it made it even harder to try to be strong. ‘Can I help you, Mr. Maguire?’ I asked sternly as I looked him in the eye and tried not to crack the confidence I was trying to display. ‘Please never ask that question Nita. Too many naughty thoughts spring to mind,’ he responded smoothly.

Even though he looked good enough to have there and then, I still felt like it was a test to see how professional I was and maybe this meeting with Sarah was too, so I continued, ‘I haven’t got time for this Mr. Maguire, I have meetings I need to attend so if there is nothing else, have a nice evening and I will see you at work tomorrow.’

The atmosphere changed suddenly and he started to laugh. I looked at him with a confused daze. ‘Was this the moment he was going to tell me I’ve passed the test and it’s laughable that this Adonis would even spare me a second look?’ I pondered as he saw I wasn’t joining in with his amusement and he composed himself. ‘Yeh I hear you have a meeting with Sarah from Research?’ unsure at why he found this so amusing, I tread carefully. ‘Yes I do. Is this a problem?’ I retorted. ‘Nope. Not at all. I now understand why you don’t want to get close to me. But have a great evening,’ he said as he smiled. ‘Ahhh now I get it. He thinks I’m going to the meeting to see if she has any jobs for me and thought I was using this position just as a stop gap to move on up to the place where he thinks I really want to be, which is Research. Well if this stops all the flirting then why not play along?’ I mused as I just said goodbye and got ready for the evening.