Bombay Mixx - Chapter Five - Part Two

The following month consisted of major celebrations and some delicate confessions!

At the end of the first month in my new role, Sarah gave me a huge presentation to do for one of the directors (luckily I wasn’t alone and was in a team of five who had a lot more experience in this department than I did) to help me be seen by all the important people and although I was now taking some work home with me, I didn’t mind as I felt like I was finally progressing in a career.

Gabrielle was being the ‘bride-to-be from hell’ and every suggestion we came up with for the engagement party was VETO’d as they weren’t ‘fabulous’ enough for her so along with many arguments and bottles of brandy we were all slightly frazzled in the flat.

After failing to win the contract from a major investor (my presentation was supposed to show the potential sponsor the benefits of investing in the company), I slipped into depression for a week, as some of the blame was subtly placed on my shoulders, and I remedied my self loathing by accepting one of Angus’s many propositions and spent the night with him. The next day, I realised my major mistake and vowed to pull myself together. My dad helped with this, by following through with his match-making plan.

He gave Yatin my number, a day after the meal, and I was pleasantly surprised that we got along. We exchanged emails once a day for the first two days, and then we were doing around 3 emails a day, along with phone calls at night, until I decided it was time to meet in person. We met at a little bistro in Central London a week later and it was fantastic! We had so much in common, he made me feel so comfortable, and it felt like we knew each other for years. We spoke about our likes and dislikes, our families and their traditions and ideals and what we wanted from the future.

Surprisingly, he was not daunted by my idea of wanting a family and to be married in the next few years as this was his plan too.

It seemed too good to be true but I vowed to go with the flow and try not to let my experiences with Angus cloud my optimism with Yatin.

We went on two more dates before I stayed over at his flat and we became an official couple.

It happened so fast but I wasn’t scared by it as it felt so natural, as though it was meant to be.

Over the next few weeks we became inseparable!

It was also nice to have somewhere else to stay as the flat was getting a little bit too hectic.

Gabrielle’s engagement party ideas were become grander by the second and when I walked in to see an example of the ice sculpture she could have at the party, in the shape of her and John kissing in an enchanted garden, I realised she had lost the plot!

Not only this, but if I wasn’t tripping over teddy bears declaring their love, huge, expensive bouquets of flowers saying, ‘I’m sorry’ from Geron and Dolph, I was listening to more work men designing, ‘Buckingham Palace’ upstairs for the ‘ever absent’ Tiziana.

The last time I saw her was when she came downstairs with a huge bottle of champagne for Gabrielle to congratulate her on the engagement, only to get a cold, ‘thank you’ and the door shut in her face from a frosty Gabby.