Bombay Mixx - Chapter One - Part Six

Chapter One – New Pastures?

(Part Six)

The flat seemed bigger than I remember and there was no one home, which made it easier for me to settle into my new home.

Used wine glasses, with lipstick stains on the rim, Japanese take away boxes in the fridge and towers of fashion magazines on the coffee table decorated the flat and I was happy that this was my new home.

As I settled into my bedroom, I heard noises coming from the front room so I investigate.

‘Oh it’s you again. Hello. Has your sister moved in yet?’ said this strong Russian accent. After a few flirty giggles from my brother, I ejected myself from the bedroom to see who made my brother laugh like that.

She was tall and slim, with long blonde hair, piercing blue eyes and sharp features. She was dressed like a lady but one that meant business. ‘Hey hon, have you settled in ok?’

‘Yep, just got to unpack but that’s it,’ I replied as I observed the apartment.

Gabrielle moved into this flat a year ago so I already knew her flatmates and became good friends with them but more so with Anya as I always felt our personalities complimented each other. Where I have the calm, laid back, patient persona, Anya has aggressive, assertive, bold characteristics, which are great traits to help you survive in London.

‘So are we going to celebrate with a glass of champagne?’ Anya asked whilst getting the bottle out of the fridge. Renesh looked at her in delight and I knew that whatever she asked him he would say yes so I went with the flow.

As we sipped glass after glass of champagne, the small talk began to progress. Renesh flirted more with Anya and she batted away his advances with short, sharp remarks, which seemed to entertain him more and I was happy when Amelia came home.

‘Nita, finally you’re here!’ she said as she ran over to give me a hug. ‘This is now officially the party flat,’ she announced as she got another bottle of champagne and we continued the celebrations.