Bombay Mixx - Chapter One - Part Eleven

Chapter One – New Pastures?

(Part Eleven)

The office was very masculine, with floor to ceiling sparkling clean windows, fancy exotic flowers (that looked like they were changed everyday! Not like the roses I had from last month that my dad bought me to try to cheer me up!), financial newspapers in fancy holders at the side of a dark brown expensive leather sofa (which looked more expensive than all the items in our flat!) and a huge mahogany desk with an ultra modern, sleek laptop, telephone and a neat pile of paper work to the right hand side and a very sexy looking young man behind it. ‘Good morning Miss Patel. How are we this morning?’ His voice was like harps being played softly in my head and I would have continued to gaze into his beautiful emerald eyes but I was rudely interrupted by the Sergeant Major. ‘Nita, Mr. Maguire asked you a question,’ she said in a head teacher tone like her students were not performing well and needed the cane.

After a much needed gasp for air, I tried to be as professional as I could. ‘Hello, I’m having a productive morning so far. It seems like a very good company to work for,’ I lied but at that moment I felt that everything I said on the phone to Anya had no significance now I am working for this hunk of Irish rock!

He smiled as Ann continued to praise him and his work but his secret gazes completely melted me. I felt like I was going dizzy at one point and had to look away as he continued to inspect my very being. I tried to snap out of it so I could listen to the ending part of Ann’s narrative but unfortunately only heard her say, ‘and Nita you will need to be aware of Mr. Maguire’s role in the department as you will be working very close to him.’ I flushed red at the thought of being very close to this alluring stallion of a man and wondered if it was just me feeling this immense attraction? Of course, it was just me feeling like this!

‘This man must have thousands of girls throwing themselves at him! Why would he give me a second look?’ This thought crept into my mind and brought me back to reality and back to my normal skin colour!

As I nodded and smiled, I couldn’t wait to leave his office. I felt a little bruised at my final thought but, as if he knew what I was thinking, he announced, ‘we’ve done a good job recruiting this one Ann, I look forward to breaking her into all the ways of AG Cathal.’ I looked back with a tinge of hope and received a naughty wink and mischievous smile. ‘Oh my, now I know that I’m not imagining that he could be interested! I would love to be broken in by him right now,’ I thought as I blushed and immediately shut the door.

As I tried to drag myself back into work mode I completely forgot that his office was complete glass and as Ann introduced me to Daniel, who was my tour guide and computer whiz, I couldn’t help but take a second look, only to see him leaning back on his chair, gazing at me with a naughty smile on his face which gave me an idea as to what he was thinking.

Before my mind could drift onto me running into his office and straddling him on that chair right now, I was unkindly ripped back into reality with usernames, passwords and programs I would need access to before the week was out.