Bombay Mixx - Chapter One - Part Four

Chapter One – New Pastures?

(Part Four)

Throughout the years, I learnt to accept my weight and just ignored Gabrielle’s comments but I still look in the mirror (like any woman does) and start to think that it would be nice if I could just change this bit then I would be happier but as my mother says, ‘it’s just a myth, your never 100% happy with your body no matter what you do to it. So amend your thinking to say that body beautiful isn’t looking like every other stick insect out there, it’s understanding your body and using what you have to feel and look sexy outside and in.’

Currently, I’m a size 12, curvy figure, long black straight shoulder length hair, green eyes and full lips and I’m happy with what I’ve got and try to tell my sister to be the same, but she’s not the best at taking advice from anyone, especially me!

Gabrielle has an olive complexion (which I find beautiful but she was darker when she was younger). She’s roughly a size 8–10, bobbed cut highlighted hair, brown eyes, and full lips and is about 5’5. She loves her fashion labels and never leaves the house without looking immaculate, the complete opposite to me!

My sister loves money and would never date a man who earns less than £40k a year. That is why she is extremely happy at the moment as she feels that she has one up on me; she has a good career, she’s dating a man called John who is training to become a lawyer and is nearly at her wage criteria and he adores her.

My situation is very different.

I have accepted a job as a secretary in a big stockbroker’s company in the city, which my mother set up for me through her friend, army major, Ann. I decided to accept this offer because I had just spilt up from my long term boyfriend after finding out he had been cheating on me for the last two years, and my career was going nowhere fast.

My parents have a few properties across London and decided to let me live in the apartment they have in Holloway if I agreed to live with my sister (much to her distaste!). I agreed and after gradually moving some of my things over throughout the last two weeks, the final bits of clothes and shoes are moving today, if only my sister would help, but I can’t see that miracle happening so I’ll get my lovely brother to help instead.