New Friend

Tired... I'm too tired... Why does it have to turn out like this... why... did I need to realize my own feeling... Why won't this disgusting feeling go away!? Shen Wei, remember, he is your best friend, your brother!

Shen Wei was too busy battling with his own feelings and vomiting that he didn't even realize that someone approach him from behind.

"Hey, are you okay? Do you need help?" A rough worried voice calls out making Shen Wei startle.

When Shen Wei turns around, he is faced with the concern expression of a tall stranger. He has mid-length black hair that goes to his torso, wearing a traditional black hanfu type of robe. From the dressing to carrying gun with fish scale inscription (Chinese long rod like staff weapon) behind his back, it is easy to tell that the stranger is strong and have experience with fighting. 

"Hey beauty

"Hey beauty. Are you okay? Do you need help?" The stranger asks again but this time the stranger is crunching down near Shen Wei.

"Er- yes. I'm fine. Just feeling sick to my stomach." Shen Wei replies to the anxiously awaiting stranger with a small but sincere smile. Although the stranger seems like to flirt but Shen Wei could tell that he is genuinely worried about a stranger he just met.

Wow... what a beauty... Wait, leave that thought for another time. He is sick now and needs care. The stranger internally reprimand.

"Do you have water with you?" The stranger pushes his thoughts aside and asks Shen Wei who shook his head in denial.

"Hmm. If you don't mind sharing water with me, I have some. Water should make you feel better." The stranger said while unbuckling Feng shui Bottle Gourd from his waist band and offer it to Shen Wei.

Shen Wei took it and gulp down some water and spit out to wash away the disgusting sour and bitter taste in his mouth. And then he drank some water and yes, having water run down his throat made him feel a lot better after throwing up everything from his stomach.

"Here. Thank you for the water. Bytheway, I haven't seen you around before. Are you a traveler?" Shen Wei asks while wiping his pink wet lips with his silky white hand.

The stranger accepts back the Feng shui Bottle Gourd and smiles seeing that the beauty in front of him is much more relaxed and some color returning on his pale face.

"Yes, beauty. I am a traveler. This is my first time visiting Haixing Village. More importantly, you really should be careful about your safety, you know. Yes, I said I didn't mean any harm and offer you the water, but you never know if someone has bad intention. And with your angelic beauty I'm sure there are plenty of them." The stranger said with concern making Shen Wei chuckle seeing the stranger lecturing him about his own safety.

Damn! What is this pull I'm feeling toward this kid in front of me? And why am I so concerned about his safety all sudden? Last time I recall, I didn't care about others this much. And that stupid cursed symbol is burning my body and boiling my blood! That never happened before. The stranger thought, not showing his worries to Shen Wei.

Shen Wei stood up and patted his knees to get rid of dirt on his pants and the stranger followed his suit.

"Then what about your safety? Shen Wei muses back, feeling amused with the stranger in front of him who looks confusingly at him.

"What about me?" The stranger asks back.

"I mean what about your own safety? In this situation, we both are equally at risk. Not only me." Shen Wei replies making the stranger arch his eyebrow.

"Well, in my case, I know how to save myself from trouble so there are no worries." The stranger said

"Hmm... yes, I can see that. You have the air of confidence, but what makes you think that I'm a hopeless kid?" Shen Wei patiently asks back.

Seriously, Shen Wei is having fun talking with the stranger and helps distract his mind from thinking too much. Perhaps things will be better if he has someone to talk to and everything will return to how it was like before. Maybe his brain is thinking too much because he felt lonely.

"Oh~ This is getting interesting... say beauty, If I'm not mistaken, you are implying that you know how to fight, correct?" The stranger asks this time with thrill and excitement making his eyes sparkle.

"What if I said yes? Want a match?" Shen Wei inquires and really wants to find an outlet to get his depressive thoughts out of him. Usually, fighting calms him down, but now a days, he can't do that because he promises his Guo-di. So, if he were to have a friendly match, no one can blame him. It's a healthy workout anyway.

"I would love to, but you just vomited out and you are still pale. If I had a match now, I would hardly call it an even match." The stranger points out reasonably.

It is true that he is not in his best condition right now but not as bad as the stranger assumes either. He just needs some rest and besides, he still needs to buy the stuff that his uncle asks him for too.

"Yeah, you have a point. And I'm kind of busy too." When Shen Wei said that while folding his arm around his chest with hump, the stranger couldn't help but chuckle to see such a cute reaction.

"Well, I will be here for a couple more days touring the Haixing Village. How about we have our friendly match another day when both of us are in the best condition? You seem like you need to fight to release some of your stress." The stranger suggests instead. After all, the stranger wants to spend more time with the lovely creature in front of him and get to know more if given a chance.

"Oh, that will be wonderful!" Shen Wei excitedly said with sparking eyes and gives a wide grin to the stranger who is smiling at him handsomely.

"Deal then! Anyway, what is your name beauty? Or you prefer I continue calling you beauty? Mine is Lin Jing." Lin Jing offers and lifts his fist between them.

"Deal Lin Jing!" Shen Wei said and bumps his own fist into Lin Jing to seal their deal with a grin.

"Family name is Shen. My full name is Shen Wei. And stop calling me beauty. I'm not a girl."

"Alright! I will call you Weiwei then." Lin Jing teases Shen Wei suddenly remembers his Ah Lan and becomes sad again.

Lin Jing notices the change and got worried "Hey, I can call you with different name if Weiwei is too intimate for you."

"Nah. Call me whatever you want. I will call you Lin." Shen Wei trying to smile but end up being a forced one.

Stupid Wei! Pull yourself together! Now, look you just made an innocent person feel guilty for no reason! Shen Wei castigates himself.

"If you call me Lin then I will call you Shen. It's fair that way." Lin Jing said with a shrug, making Shen Wei smile again, making Lin happy too in making the right choice.

"Okay Lin. And thank you for helping me out." Shen Wei honestly said with a beautiful smile that reached his eyes. And for a moment, Lin Jing thought that he saw lily blossom behind Shen Wei's back.

"Say Shen, are you sure you are human, not a fallen angel?" Lin Jing asks in half daze making Shen Wei laugh at him.

"I assure you I'm a human, Lin!" Shen Wei said amusingly, making Lin embarrassed. 

************************

A/N: Hello there. Here is another chapter for my dear readers, commenters and voter~~ This chapter is lighter than previous chapter in word length and emotion wise, I hope you guys enjoy it. Please don't hesitate to comment because I love to read them. It inspire me to write and thank you to those who always have left a comment for me to read. I really love reading them and commenting back as well.❣❤😘🥰

ByeBye now~~