The truth and more worries

DimitriPOV

Everyone seemed to have stopped breathing, first of all, Roza who sits on my lap while I'm just wearing a towel and then there's my family who stands in the door looking as if they entered the wrong house.

'Uh, what's going on in here?' Viktoria steps forward and looks as us suspiciously.

'Is this the girl, you told us about Vika?' asked my mom.

My sister nodded, not taking her eyes from us.

'Well, Rose was it huh?' my mother looks at Roza, with a smile. She nods.

'I was going to thank you for saving my daughter, but the question that's burning on my tongue right now is: What's going on in here?'

Rose, starts blushing and gets of my lap.

'Look, mom... we'll explain everything but I'll go get some pants first.'

I stand up and make my way to my room, hoping that they're not giving Rose a hard time downstairs.

Everyone is sitting on the sofa when I come back in.

I take my seat next to Rose and rub my hands.

'Okay. Explain.' encouraged my mother.

'I don't know where to begin....' Rose started, looking down at her hands. 

'Well Vika told me about your, uh, situation and about what happened on the plane..so why don't you do the rest.'

'Well, uh, you see...Dimitri was my teacher at Sint-Vladimir, we..I-i mean I fell in love with him and...'

Seeing Rose like this, so nervous and scared was weird, I decided to help her.

'Mama, I was send on a mission to find the Dragomir princess, you know the one who managed to run away from the school?' I start.

My mother and sisters nod, still looking curious.

'After a few months of searching, we found them... The princess and her best friend Rosemarie Hathaway,' I chuckle, seeing Roza's face when I mention her full name. All eyes are on her now.

Oops...

'Anyway, we took them back to the school, Lisa being a royal was welcomed, but Rose was on the verge of being expelled, so I decided to teach her everything, everything she missed and more.'

'Trust me handling her: stubborn, smart ass and sometimes moody character was a lot to take in, but somewhere in the middle I started to develop feeling for her... I tried to ignore them but it was killing me, not being capable of showing her just how much she meant to me.

I saw how she grow into an amazing guardian, I saw her being the kind of best friend that everyone should have.'

'I had feelings for Dimitri also, I was a little bit more acting on this thing between us but I too knew that being with him wasn't an option.' Rose mutters.

'We went through things together, things you can't imagine... I even tried dating another woman, but it just didn't feel right, but being with Rose, keeping her from her guarding duties..duties that I have as well, that wasn't good either...' I continue

'So he told me about his feelings, he also told me that we couldn't be together.' her voice sounds tired.

I nod. 'Life went on and we tried working together, since we're both assigned to be Lisa's Guardian. Lisa's special, she has a gift, a gift that can be very useful and dangerous as well, it's full of darkness. Sometimes I manage to take some of her darkness away... '

The house was very silent, my family was paying attention to every single word we said.

'One night, the princess was attacked, the princess went crazy. Rose took away her darkness which means that she also took over the crazy feelings. I had to take her away before she could hurt someone in her state. She went from anger, to fear, to sadness. I couldn't see her like that, I had to do something...so I kissed her.' I stop for a minute, trying to catch my breath, even though I was sitting.

I lay my arm around her and pull her against me, kissing her temple, I feel her sigh.

'We, we slept together that night. Afterward I told her that what we did was wrong, that it was just lust and that we shouldn't be together.' Regret was clear in my voice. 

'Dimka!' my mother scolded at me.

'I know mama, it was wrong. But I thought that I was going to keep her from being a good guardian, I honestly didn't see how we could be together and be guardians to one moroi. A royal one at that.'

'Tasha, showed up and asked me to be her guardian, I thought this was the perfect occasion to leave the academy.'

RosePOV

I was devastated when he left, I couldn't eat or interact with people...

But eventually that go better, a bit. I started training again, it helped to run to fight again, that is until I ended up in the hospital because I fainted out of pain...they told me I-i was pregnant.'

'The baby's Dimka's?' Viktoria yelled, a furious look towards Dimitri.

'Babies...twins.' I whisper.

'I can't believe you Dimitri, I never thought so low of you. I am really ashamed to be your sister at the moment.' she hisses.

I hold up my hands, 'Vika, it's okay.'

'I'm mad at you too Rose, why didn't you tell me that the guy you were talking about was Dimka?'

I shrink back in the sofa. 'What did you want me to say? : Well, I slept with your brother, you know the one who left me...then I found out I was pregnant after my first time and now I'm here to celebrate his birthday, oh thanks for letting me stay the night by the way?' I say.

'Your first time?' interrupted Olena.

'Uh, well yeah..but we're alright now... I mean we talked and we sorted it out! Kind of.'

'So tell me, are my grandchildren going to be in my life or not.' Olena asks with a worried expression.

I look at Dimitri, nodding. 

'Yes they are mama.' he nods, looking sad. 

I hug him closer against me and kiss the top of his nose.

Then Dimitri's phone rings, I let him talk while looking at my hands a bit more.

'Uh, Roza...it's Lisa and Christian, no one can find them...' he whispers

-------------------------------

Vote, Comment, Fan? <3

xWriteitdown