a horror story

DPOV

I walk up to my room and open the door. It feels so good to be home.

'Dimka could you just wait a second, there's someone in you ro-' Vika explaines.

Someone in my room, I don't see anyone, okey now I'm confused.

I look at my little sister, her expression mirroring my own.

'Huh, where is she?' she asks.

'Where's who? Vika, you know better than to let stranger's inside the house.' I tell her sternly.

She snorts and walks inside. My baby sister did change a lot, she's beautiful and that's not something I like to say because I know I'll have to act like an overprotective ass whenever she's bringing a boy home.

Well, yeah I guess no one will ever be good enough for my sisters, especially for Viktoria.

'Jeez, Dimitri, she's not a stranger, she saved my life today.'

That's when I hear the bathroom door, so that's where the intruder went.

I guess she can see Vika from where she stands because her next words are: 'Oh, hey I'm sorry. I couldn't really sleep so I just uh, took a shower... I hope that's ok?' her voice is mesmerizing, that's the voice that I hear in my dreams, that's the voice that I could listen to all day.

'No problem, I was just telling my idiotic brother over here that you were here.' Viktoria says.

I walk over there and look at the intruder.

Rose.

I can see her swallow and a worried expression comes over her face, but as fast as the expression came just as fast it's gone again.

'Guardian Belikov.' she nods, then she looks at Vika 'I can sleep on the sofa you know...'

'No! No way in hell Rose, you need to be comfortable.'

Somehow I can't seem to take my gaze away from her, I try to recognize every little detail about her. Her big brown eyes, her pink lips, god how I want to pull her against me and kiss her lips, her long wavy brown hair.

I absolutely adore her.

I clear my throat and look at both of them, 'maybe we should go down to the living room?' they both nod, and follow.

Once we're all seated I start. 'So how do you guys know each other?'

Rose looks down at her feet, playing with her fingers so it's Viktoria who starts talking.

'You have to promise me that you won't be mad,' she says.

I nod.

'So I was walking down the street because I needed to cool of from a fight I was having earlier,' I can see Roses eyes snap back at my sister, hmm I guess she didn't know either.

'When this strigoi came at me...'

After telling me the story, I just don't know how to react, me Dimitri Belikov, honored guardian. So much for my reputation of being calm.

I can't believe I almost lost my baby sister today, and I can't believe that the reason that she's still alive is the woman I love, the woman who's heart I broke.

I look at Rose, 'I can't tell you how thankful I am Roza, thank you so much for keeping Vika safe.' I tell her sincerely.

She flinches a little when I mention her nickname.

'No problem, anyone would've done the same.' she shrugs.

'Yeah, and you doing all of that while being pregnant Rose, you risked 3 lives for my stupid one,' my sister says. I disagree with her life being stupid, but she's right. Rose really did risk 3 lives for my sister, which makes it even more amazing.