labor

Dimitri

I throw another punch when there's a knock on the door of Jesse's room. 
I sigh and leave the pathetic kid to groan in pain, opening the door I see that it's Timor, one of the guardians who finished in the same year as me, I guess you could consider us friends. 

"Timor, what can I do for you?" I ask quickly. 

"There's this kid on the phone, wanting to speak to you,"

I frown. "Is it Christian Ozera?" I wonder, rubbing my neck tiredly. 

"No, but it is urgent," 

I nod, taking one last look at a broken and crying Jesse. I didn't even get to do half of the things I had planned for him but it's probably best to stop now.. if this goes to court... 

Timor hands me the phone in his office. "Guardian Belikov, speaking?"

"Yeah, this is Stuart McHall," a voice says. 

"Why are you calling me?" I ask frowning, I don't think I know this kid. 

"I-I'm the guardian that was meant to keep an eye on miss Hathaway.."

My breath picks up, suddenly feeling less tired I stand up. 

"What happened?"

"She, uh, she is having the babies... she's gone into labor and judging the grip on my hand a few minutes ago, I think she needs you."

"Rose is in labor?" My eyes widen and I'm already walking towards the car. 

Driving to the hospital, I keep begging to be there on time.. this timing is just great. 

Rose

"What do you mean, you think he's coming?" I huff, he better be here soon because I'm not doing this without my comrade. I can't... I won't. 

"He'll be here, now relax," Stuart soothes. 

I give him a look. "Relax? You want to try doing this in my place, be my guest because it fucking hurts!"

"OO-okay, could you release my hand, you're breaking it."

I take deep breaths trying to ignore his ranting.. what did I learn about this? Come on Rose you can do this. Steady inhalation and concentrate on the goal. 

"AAAH! where's Dimitri?" some nurse walks in, giving me a kind smile. 

"Can I get something for the pain?" I ask harshly. 

"I'm sorry miss Hathaway, y-your case, it's special because of the father being dhampir.. we can't take any risks and we don't know the effect of our medication on your children," she explains. 

I squeeze my eyes at her. "Are you fucking kidding me? I'm about to give birth to 2 babies, and also they are my babies, no one's going to put them through any weird tests because of who made them. Okay."

I can see that they were indeed planning on doing some tests, but she nods quickly before murmering something like. "getting the doctor,"

I sigh and lie down again. I hear shouting and even though it should stress me out it doesn't because it's Dimitri's voice, asking someone where I am. 

Suddenly he bursts into the room, looking panicked as shit. 

"Glad you could make it, comrade," I groan, trying to get through another contraction. 

"I'm sorry Roza, my timing kind of sucks doesn't it?" he jokes. 

"Kind of?" I raise my eyebrows, laughing but I get cut of by yet another contraction. 

"They are getting closer to each other," I whisper. I can see Stuart leaving silently. 

"Hé, Stuart," I call out. 

He turns around, looking shocked. "Damn, Rose don't do stuff like that,"

I can see Dimitri grinning at me. "Thanks for helping me, I know I was kind of a bitch."

He nods, looking at Dimitri and me. "I think you can be excused, being in a lot of pain and all," he explains. 

"None the less, we are thankful." Dimitri says, smiling genuinly. 

A doctor comes in as Stuart leaves, he starts checking the machines next to me and I frown. "Where's doctor Minsk?" 

"We don't know if she's going to make it in time, but we'll take good care of you here,"

"I shake my head. NO NO, I need my doctor.. you understand me? right?" 

"I'm sorry miss Hathaway," 

Dimitri squeezes my hand softly, trying to distract me from the pain. 

"You're allowed to squeeze Roza, I know you're hurting."

This situation keeps on for another hour or so before doctor Minsk walks in, I smile in relief. 

"Ready for this Rose? You can start pushing," she says, looking excited. 

"Yeah, please.. they wouldn't give me any painkillers, just get them out of me safely."

Dimitri frowns. "Why wouldn't they give you painkillers," anger clear in his voice. 

"Because they think it might affect the babies differently since they are 100% dhampir,"

"100% ours," He says, looking nervous yet even more excited than dr Minsk. 

------------------                                        ------------------------                                      ------------------------

Thanks for reading, sorry for it being short. Next part will be up soon :) x