the deal

Rose

I was successfully ignoring the long speech that was given by Galina, not wanting to hear anything but the time I was to be let go. That was until things got very personal.

"Wait what?" I muttered, not sure if I heard it correctly, and if I did than I don't even know what I'm going to do with myself.

Galina frowned; her red eyes seemed to zoom in on me. "Adrian is here?" I whisper, I've been here for two weeks now. How come I haven't seen him?

"Oh, the young Ivashkov is indeed here." Galina's lips lifted in a wicked smile.

"Why?"

She gave me a blank look as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Information Rose, we can't seem to get a grip on Belikov, but ex-lovers have a habit of knowing things too."

I raise my eyebrows. "He wouldn't help you, and Adrian and I were never lovers, never exclusive. How do you even know about it?"

I was not sure of what the sound she made after that was, but I could best describe it as a scoff.

"He told me and it's not like your life is that private, Rose. Everyone knows the stories about the wild Rose Hathaway. If I hadn’t  needed  you for other things. You, my dear, would have made an extraordinary Strigoi."

The racing of my blood quickened. "I think I'll pass on that offer."

"It's your loss really. But that's not why I'm here right now, you have yet to tell me how you managed to be the first dhampir in history of time to get pregnant with another dhampir. Tell me did you cheat on Dimitri?”

The fact that the strigoi didn’t actually seem that interested confused me to no end. What is she trying to achieve?

“You’re not going to tell me?” Galine teased, she took a few elegant steps closer to me.

I shrug, “Nah, don’t really feel like it,”

Galina nods. “That’s okay, Adrian already told me all about the shadowkiss effect.”

Adrian? All I can do is stare, he wouldn’t betray me like that. He had more honor than that.

“I see you doubt my word, little girl. But a heartbroken man is a dangerous thing. Desperation is quite an ugly trait to be honest.”

“Forgive me for bursting your bubble,” I mutter showing how annoyed I was getting with the whole situation. “but this doesn’t change anything, you know about shadow kiss, so I came from back from death? That’s all.”

“Oh, I know about Queen Vasilisa too, and about Ivashkov himself… tell me how long have you all been keeping this on the down low. There’s bound to be more like them out there. Imagine all the possibilities that comes with resurrection.”

“Still not catching on,” for the first time she seemed irritated with me, I smiled sweetly.

This is messed up, my children need me. Dimitri needs me. This has to come to an end.

“Well since your shadow kissed and Adrian is a Spirit user, I wonder what it’ll give when an offspring is created.” Galina speaks with such intensity that I almost miss the point.

“Wait, excuse you?”

“Think of it as an experiment,” she almost sounds as if talking to a baby.

“I’m not something to be tested, woman. There’s no way that I’m going through childbirth again anytime soon.”

“I’m afraid the choice is not really yours, Ivashkov was hesitant at first too but with the right amount of motivation everything is possible.”

“Not with me,”

Galina let out a sigh before calling in some guards, they dragged in the moroi prince, also weakened by his time spend here.

“I’ll let you talk, I expect a positive answer,” she nodded at Adrian, who winced and looked anywhere but at me.

Not even caring about his weakened state, I drag him up by his shirt pushing him against the wall near me.

“What the hell kind of game are you playing, huh?” I hiss.

“Rose—“ he hesitates, I put some extra pressure on it. “there’s no other option, do you honestly think that they’re going to let us go, or even live if we don’t. Your babies need you. I have people that need me. If this is that way—“

“Except, this is not the way Adrian. If this is some messed up way for you to be with me than, I’m sorry to disappoint.”

He laughs without any actual humor. “Not everything is about you, little dhampir.” He coughs, and for the first time I let myself look at him.

His dark hair has lost it’s healthy look, his even more pale than moroi standard en cuts are to be seen everywhere.

I frown. “Are they feeding of of you?”

He winced again, shaking his head and muttering something like I wish.

“We can make it out you know? You have spirit and I have strength.

“No—“

“No, listen Adrian, I’ll let you feed of off me, gain strength, sometimes the servers are human. Use your compulsion.” My eyes gleam at this little bit of hope.

“I can’t do that, I’m not fighting for myself here Rose.”

I’m not sure how to react, not even sure what he’s talking about. I give him time to explain but everything stays silent. Once again my eyes wander around looking for some kind of chance but I come up blank and concentrate on Adrian again.

“She’s here because of me,” he whispered

I frown. Who’s he talking about?

“You asked if they were feeding on me,” he said, voice hoarse. “they’re not, but I know that they’re hurting her. They’re feeding on her.”

Well… all the logic just flew out the window.

“Please Rose, if this is my only chance to save her, and it’ll keep us both alive long enough for you to return to your guy.. please.”

“I can’t do that, even if I wanted to, even if I could... it's not right” I hissed, thinking about the whole debacle with Jesse and how unsure I sometimes still feel about intimacy. 

“But if it were Dimitri’s life on the line, you would…right?” he tried to make me see sense.

This question caught me off guard. Would I?

“This isn’t even relevant to the current situation, or are you that worried about Dimitri?”

He scoffed. “No, not likely. But they took Sidney in order to get me here and I’ll be damned if I let her die, if there was anything I could have done about it.”

Now I’m just out of it all. “Who the hell is Sidney?”

thank you for reading :)
Can we get to 20 votes? xx
& also I forgot to mention it last time, but I did read all the sweet reactions about my grandmother passing and it really lifted my spirit. just so you know, thank y'all for staying with me. I know it's been one heck of a ride with delays, laughs, frustration and what not, but Ily for still reading :)