tomorrow

Rose

"Did it work? The compulsion?" I ask in disbelieve, I mean I know that we planned this but for it to actually work is a whole different thing. 

"I believe so, he delivered my message to Sydney, if we can keep this up Rose..."

I nod at his thoughts. "We'll get out of here," I smile a bit before frowning. 

Adrian stops looking through the little peephole in the door and sits next to me. "This might actually work, Hathaway." he grins, the boyish grin that would've made my heart flutter a bit were it a different situation entirely but now finally things are going our way. Adrians found someone, a girl he seems genuinely in love with. And me, I have Dimitri and our twins. 

"Do you think they've changed a lot? I mean, I know that Dimitri will care for them but, I'm supposed to be there with them. I'm missing out on so much," I mutter, looking at my hands. 

He takes my hand in his and kisses my temple. "You'll see them soon, and if those children are anything like you... they are just fine," he chuckles in his raspy voice. "Besides, that teacher of yours is pretty protective from what I remember, he won't let anyone get to them."

"I'm not his student anymore," I roll my eyes at his attempt to cheer me up. Adrian sighs seemingly sad. "Yeah, you're right, it does take out the kinkyness,"

"Shut up, Ivashkov." I laugh, he joins in not much later. 

"When do you think they're going to come back and check on us, an actual guard I mean? One that we haven't converted yet."

"Maybe two hours? Galina is in for the surprise of a lifetime." 

"I still can't believe the compulsion is actually working on them, maybe it's a hoax," 

I lick my lips, it's not that I haven't thought about that either but it right now, I just want to- I need to believe that this is working. 

"We have to get out of here, Adrian. I'm not missing anymore of my children, Dimitri, Lissa and even Christian." 

He nods and pulls my hair out of the way before looking into my eyes in question. The bites are necessary but they do leave their marks both physical and mentally, I can't get addicted. 

"We're going to make it Adrian, you, Sydney and me. I know we will." I nod before he leans in and breaks the skin, gathering the amount of blood he needs to strengthen his spirit. 

"Tomorrow, we leave this place." he whispers after drinking, wiping away the blood from his lips and planting a kiss on the palm of my hand.