You run

It's not that long, but I didn't have much time...next time will be longer! (: 

Enjoy.

*****************************************************************************************

RosePov.

I look at the scene before me, a dhampir girl being chased by a strigoi..

It feels like everything is in stop motion, without further hesitation I run after them. My stake ready.

Suddenly, the strigoi turns back to me, his cold eyes scanning me, I can practically see him thinking about me being a threat or not. He smiles at me which probably means that he thinks I'm easy, well he's in for a surprise.

I thrust my stake towards him, but he dodges me easily. I hear a cry, while kicking the strigoi with all my strength I look behind him, seeing a new Strigoi advance to the girl. Seriously what did she do to make them go after her. I need to save her, I need to get us all out of here safely. The girl, my twins and me.

Fortunately, I'm not too fat to fight. I could still take them on, but I have to use everything that Dimitri learned me.

I take a step toward the girl when the strigoi from before is crashing down on me. I try to hold my balance but fail big time. We're falling to the ground, I manage to fall on top of him so that gives me a chance to stake him, my stake is lined up with his heart and I ready to thrust when suddenly something snaps. That something being my wrist. Pain.

Keeping his head and hands away from my throat. I must think of a plan.

'You shouldn't be here little girl.' He says, smirking evilly.

'You shouldn't exist big boy.' I snarl at him.

'Well you're about to die, any last words?'

'Yeah, DIE you idiot.' I punch him hard which weakens him, one second later my stake pierces his heart.

I jump up, ignoring the pain from my wrist and look behind me too see the girl being shoved against a wall by the other strigoi. I take my phone, and throw it at his head.

'RUN!' I scream, hoping she hears me, and apparently she does because next thing I know we're running through all the little streets here.

Footsteps behind us tell me that the strigoi isn't far away.

I look at the girl, she's very pretty. Well, she's beautiful even, she's around my age maybe a little younger? And according to what I witnessed I guess she hasn't been trained to be a guardian. Great.

'Keep on running and whatever you hear. Don't come back for me!' I yell, pushing her forward, she has to keep running because if I die and she comes back, well then I would be dead for nothing.. that wouldn't be too good!

She stares at me confused, shocked and scared. 'What, I'm not just going to le-' her Russian accent is very familiar, and those eyes. The kind of brown eyes that I only saw on one person.

'Yes you are, you have to! Keep running and I'll catch up with you.' I tell her.

She hesitates a bit but decides to listen. Yeah, score Hathaway.

I turn back to our Strigoi and wait until he's close enough. I can see that he's ready to attack, I'm thrown against a wall, making me dizzy. God Rose, be careful think about the twins.

It's like cat and mouse, we keep on playing a game that neither of us seems to win. I'm so tired, giving up has crossed my mind more than once, but I won't do it.

I stop thinking and start running, running towards him, he smirks at me, looking a bit confused. Who's stupid enough to run towards one of them right? Yeah well, I'm stupid..

I'm almost there when he takes another position, just at the time that I swing my arms around him. Embracing him.

His body falls to the ground, I breath difficultly, jeez my wrist is killing me.

About 2 minutes later the girl returns.

'Didn't I tell you to run?' I ask sternly.

'I've never been good at listening,' she grins at me, I laugh but flinch with the movement. 'Come on my mom will look at your wrist. She'll know what to do.'

I shake my head. 'I don't want to interrupt, really.'

'Come with me, please!'

I give in, it wouldn't be bad to let someone look at it right?

'So why didn't you run?' I ask her after a while. 'I wanted to, but it reminded me of something, I kind of got distracted.'

'Never get distracted, focus and run. If you don't have a weapon then you run.' I tell her, but manage to smile through all the misery.

We're walking to the yard before her house. She looks at the ground, surprised and sad?

'That's what Dimitri used to say.' she whispers.

Dimitri, she couldn't possibly be talking about Dimtri, not my Dimitri..

'Dimitri?' I ask. Please say no, please say no.

'Yeah, Dimitri Belikov. My brother.'

*********************************************

Tell me what you think? I love some feedback.

Vote, Comment, Fan? <3

xWriteitdown.