you handed me my ass?

rose

When I wake up, Dimitri's side of the bed is empty and cold. 

I lift myself onto my elbows and gaze at the sight before me, Dimitri muttering soft russian words to his son, who stares at him with big, curious brown eyes. The sun is seeping through the window. 

"Goodmorning Roza," he says, granting me a soft smile. 

"Morning comrade, how's Alex doing?" I crawl over to the edge of the bed. 

He chuckles and holds out our son for me to hold, "He's doing just fine," 

I gaze at my son, poking my finger between his tiny hands, I can't help but be in awe of the little creature. 

"His sister reminds me of you, she sleeps a lot," 

Rolling my eyes I bump my shoulder against his. "I still can't believe it, they're two weeks old already, they're amazing."

Dimitri places a kiss on my shoulder, "They are," he agrees. 

"I was wondering, if they're a little bit older, we should go visit your mom and sisters..." I admit, Olena and Viktoria, they have done so much for me, These babies are belikov's they should meet their aunts and grandmother. 

"Even Yeva, she still freaks me out though," 

Dimitri smiles, I can't believe that before all of this started I had to live without that smile, I recall getting glimpses of it during training but now it's just full power. God, how I love his smile. 

As Alex drifts of into a deep slumber in my arms, Alisa starts showing faces of irritation, making me hand over my son to Dimitri and taking Alisa out of her crib. "Time to feed this little girl," I say in a baby voice. I hold her in my arms and start to feed her, almost forgetting that Dimitri is still in the room. I blush a bit and want to turn away from his gazing eyes. 

"Don't hide it, there's nothing to be embarrased about... it's quite beautiful really," the russian accent evident in his low voice. 

"You just like to look at my breasts," I joke. 

He shakes his head in amusement but doesn't respond immediately. 

"I can share," he says after a while. 

I place Alisa at my other breast and look up at Dimitri, "Good to know," 

"Roza-- I can't believe that I'm about to say this but-"

"but you have to go, I get it duty calls... we can make this work-- I mean just go check if Christian hasn't set himself on fire,"

" kind of miss it, you know, guarding Lisa... it's all I've ever trained for. It's hozw I met you, I practically handed you your ass the day we met--"

Dimitri looks amused. "you handed me my ass?"

"shhh, this is my interpretation of things, okay."

He huffs and leans down to kiss me and our twins. "you have others to protect now too, we both do."