avoiding things

Rose

I'm quiet for a long time. I don't really know how to react to the new information Adrian just dropped on the situation. 

I'm glad he actually found someone who he wants to be with, after everything with me he definitely deserves that much but now his sudden feelings for this new girl complicate things even further. 

"There has to be a way, to avoid doing this and get us out of here. All of us," I say to make sure he understands that I value his relationship with this Sydney girl. 

"How do you want to do that? I don't see many options for us here, Rose." he scoffs, still seeing no light in the situation, not that there is any but you know... I doesn't hurt to hope. 

"Adrian Ivashkov, you listen very closely. I'm not going to let anything happen to any of us, but I need to be with my children very soon or I might just have a mental breakdown," 

His eyes widen and he nods, biting his lip hesitantly. "So what's the plan." 

"We tell them that we need some privacy, some extra time... just because we don't do anything, doesn't mean we can't convince them that we did." 

He frowns which is obviously not easy seeing as his energy seems to fade with every single second passing by. 

I hold out my hand to him, "drink... you need it and if we're going to break out of this hell. I'm going to need you to be in good shape"

Adrian stares at my wrist, debating whether this is a good idea or not. I sigh in frustration. 

"Adrian! Please, we need your compulsion to work. The blood will help, I need to get out of here. You and Sydney need to get out of here." 

Some sort of look in his eyes causes me to take a step backwards before he grabs a hold of my hands and pulls it to his mouth breaking the skin with his teeth. 

I try to concentrate on an escaping plan. Although the sensations that the bite cause have me losing focus. Getting lightheaded I know that his had enough... for now. 

"That enough Adrian, we'll do a little bit more again in a few hours okay?" 

He pulls away from my wrist reluctantly. "This better works, Rose." he sighs, but giving me his signature smirk showing that he believes in the plan. 

"You better compel your ass of, Ivashkov." I smile at his face which looks a lot healthier than before. 

"So..." I begin, walking towards the couch further in the room, patting the place next to me. "What is she like?" 

"She's an absolute human. She has flaws, she's annoying quite a lot of the time and she hates what her role as Alchemist entitles but she's grown on me and I'd like to think that she's fond of me aswel. She wasn't at first," he smiles at something in his mind. It's weird seeing him like this, all I've known is the Adrian who was pining after me, who was lethal with his charm and now all I see is the way Dimitri looks at me, whenever he talks about this girl. 

"Sounds like she's a girl I'd like... anyone who has the healthy sense of dodging you at first gets in my good books." 

"Yeah, Whatever you say, Rose." he says playfully. The way he says Rose is more spontaneous than ever. 

"Sydney Sage..." I repeat after a while. "The girl who tamed, the famous Ivashkov royal."