the lake

Rose

I managed to get Lissa to babysit for today, as I was planning to spend it with Dimitri. 

We hadn't had too much time for ourselves, which is understandable having newborn twins.

Dimitri and I now have our own little house, very near to Lissa's, so that we can be with her at all times yet still have a little freedom. Don't get me wrong, I'm still very protective of her but  like my comrade said, I have to take care of the twins now too. 

"So, what did you plan to do?" I have never had the opportunity of spending time with Dimitri too much out of training and since we're back in America now, he's back on guardian move pretty much all the time. 

"Озеро" he grins. I raise my eyebrows having absolutely no clue of what he just said. 

"I'm guessing that's russian for--"

"A lake, it's good outside and we should enjoy the sun since we don't have problems with it the way Moroi do," 

Taking his hand in mine I stop him. "Okay, but first... stop the guardian face. Today is about us,Товарищ " (comrade)

Dimitri eyes me curiously, not sure if he's in awe or offended by my bad russian. 

"Ho--"

"I've been learning some things, I'd like to go back with you and the twins... learn about your culture and life back in Baia,"

He nods and pulls me along with him, "We can work with that, when Lissa has the time though."

I smile, "I was thinking, I didn't pack my swimsuit or anything. And I'm all for skinnydipping but you could've warned me there, Товарищ" (comrade)

Shaking his head, and showing a hint of his half smile that I longed for the first few weeks I came back with Lissa, he stops us at the edge of a beautiful lake. 

"First of all, I packed some things yesterday, they're over there in the little house." He pointed to a litte cabin standing near the lake, I try to not blush but it's no use. Cabin. 

"And second, you speaking Russian is very.. distracting Roza,"

"Хорошее," (good) I smirk, hoping that I said the right thing. "now you know how it feels,"

He pulls me in, planting a firm kiss on my head. "Go get dressed, Roza."

-

-

-

"I remember seeing you for the first time, through that window... one look at you and I knew we were in trouble. I tried getting Lissa out of there as soon as possible, but ofcourse I didn't know what kind of guardian you were back then."

"Were you impressed?" He asks, the lake water is the perfect temperature and we haven't been able to get out of it yet. Just because we didn't want too. We swam across a few times, having no trouble seeing as we're very athletic. 

"I was impressed, very pissed of actually... I couldn't believe that after escaping guardians and Viktors guardians, which we only discovered much later, you were the one to get us."

Dimitri nods, not entirely amused anymore since I brought up Dashkov. "Cheap foreign labour, wasn't it?" he says, recalling what I'd said about him when I was about to get kicked out. 

I laugh. "I think I was trying to convince myself that I was not crushing on you, already,"

He stays silent for a while swimming towards me and pushing me up against the rocks. 

Я  люблю тебя " he whispers. 

Happy to understand what he is saying I kiss him. "I love you too,"

-

-

-

short I know... so so sorry for the super long wait. If you're still here, you my friend are a miracle. 

I know that there are lots of little mistakes and things that could be better about the story & I will work on that. I'll reread and correct the past chapters at one point, that I will/ can promise you. 

okaaaaay... lol

see u next upload..