coronation

Rose

It's hard to think that I once despised dhampir women that forgot training when they became a mother but now I understand more than anyone why.

The two little energy balls were definitely worth my time, worth the pain. And being able to share this with Dimitri, life couldn't have played out anymore perfect.

Besides, not everything has changed. I can still hand pretty much every ex novice their butt. every strigoi will find a worthy opponent in me.

"Are you going to take a shower?" He's accent honestly never fails to make my heart speed up.

"I already did, you can go right in."

He nips at my neck making my chest tighten with need for him. I manage to pull away slightly.

"Comrade, not right now...Lissa's getting crowned."

"Who'd ever thought that you would become the responsible one?"

I smile, watching him as he leaves for the bathroom.

-

-

-

Of all places and all time, they have to attack us now? At Lissa's coronation...

"You take the south side of the building with Lissa and Christian, I'll go help Trevor and Nikolai on the East side, meet me back here in 15 minutes we need to make up a strategy." I nod towards my best friends and Dimitri.

He nods not showing any emotion before guarding them the other way, a few seconds later he seems to crack though. "Be careful, Roza," I smile sadly but nod.

"Always."

I follow Trevor and the other guardians, easily keeping up with their longer legs. "How many moroi do you think are on this side?" Nikolai asks.

"seeing as the coronation ended minutes ago, I'm going to guess around 10 moroi."

Trevor nods.,"And around 15 strigoi, we need to be at our best,"

Dimitri

We have secured the south side, every royal moroi and common moroi has 2 guardians at their side and the 15 minutes that Rose promised me are almost over. I'm starting to tell Lissa the plan when 5 strigoi burst in, right after I sensed them.

"Where is she?" the tall monster, once a moroi, I conclude as I notice his posture and length.

I stand before Lissa, stake ready.

"Our queen will not be harmed, it's 18 against 5, leave." a dhampir says.

The strigoi laugh, nothing pleasant. It's rather disgusting. "Today is not about your precious queen, we'll come back for you later Vasilisa Dragomir,"

Another strigoi a woman, looks at me. "Dimitri Belikov, I have heard a lot about you... Maybe you can help?"

What could I possibly help them with?

"Where's the guardian?"

Some guardians initiate an attack, just as Lissa whispers "They're here for Rose, "

Realisation downs on me. "Roza!"