Chapter 6

Hather's POV

Its been a few weeks since we came to the pack house. Our pack has been officially renamed as the The Howling Red. After the fight, I felt some pain in my back in the same place that Cooper was wounded but I ignored it. Maybe the mate bond is taking long to disappear. I have been visiting Cooper's room every night since the fight to bandage her wound. Her wound is almost healed. Today is the last day I will be bandaging her wound.

I knocked on the door as usual, the door swung open revealing Cooper with a large smile on her face. She was wearing a blue button up shirt with faded jeans.

"I have some great news" Cooper announced.

"That big smile on your face tells me that you saying the truth" I replied cheekily.

"Father has relieved me of my punishment. I no longer have to train the extra one hour" she said.

"Which extra one hour of training?" I asked confused.

Cooper looked confused before her expression changed as of she just realized something. "It's nothing" she said dismissively.

"I want to know. Why were you punished?" I enquired.

"No, I wasn't" she lied shamelessly.

"Stop lying! You just told me you were. Don't make me mad" I snapped at her.

"Sorry" she apologized. I looked at her expectantly thinking she'd tell me the story but she just avoided looking at me.

"Fine, angry Heather it is" I huffed.

"Fine, ugh!" Cooper groaned. "After the fight, as part of my punishment I had to workout an extra hour because of my poor performance."

"Shit! And you haven't told me?" I was furious now.

"Calm down!" Cooper said with her hands raised in surrender when I glared at her.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I demanded.

"Must have slipped my mind. Just calm down" Cooper replied.

I was huffing and puffing in anger by now. I am sure my canines were out. By the expression on Cooper's face, she knew how angry I was. She moved closer and placed her hand on my arm whispering in my ear to calm down.

My wolf started calming down, I am not even sure why we got so angry. Its probably because I am PMSing. I closed my eyes and try to calm myself. I moved closer so I was resting my head on Cooper's chest.

"It's okay, just relax. I am sorry, I should have told you. Please forgive me" Cooper cooed in my ear.

Her breath left tingles on my neck and ear and my entire body was coursing with these little sparks. A sense of serenity filled me. Cooper began to rub my back in a circular motion still apologizing to me.

I opened my eyes and looked up to see her face. Cooper stopped talking and just stared at me, she held eye contact. I could see her grey eyes held admiration and something else that I couldn't name. My eye flicked to her lips, her lips were smooth, pink and very inviting. Unconsciously, I licked my lips before biting down on the bottom one. Cooper licked her lips too.

There was this invisible force pulling me towards her. I don't even know who made the first move but our lips crashed. Her lips were soft and moved in perfect sync with mine. My lips glided over her like jelly. The kiss was soft yet passionate. I could feel butterflies in my stomach, my body grow hot, my mind had reached a state of euphoria. It felt like she was not just kissing my lips but kissing my soul. I felt very vulnerable yet protected in the moment.