Chapter 22

Heather's POV

"So, you are telling me that you have never used a dating app, like ever?" Coop asked surprised.

"No, never. I didn't need it because I was never really single for a long time, ever" I replied.

"Wow!" Stephanie exclaimed. "You have missed out on a lot" she exaggerated.

"Not really. My experience with online dating hasn't been great. I almost decided to never try dating apps after my first date through one of these platforms," Cooper said.

"Hell yeah! That is a good one. It still cracks me up, man" Stephanie laughed.

"Tell me about it" I said.

"It's really embarrassing" Cooper said in a low voice.

"Just tell the story, dammit" I tried to playfully threaten her but she just laughed at my face. I huffed and leaned back in my seat.

"Fine, I will tell" she said raising her hand in surrender. "So, I was single for a couple of months and Stephanie suggested I use a dating app to find a date. After a lot of pestering from Stephanie, I did sign up and went on a date. This chick was cute and the date went well too. We decided to head out for coffee sometime and she gave me her number."

"So, it was a nice first date with the possibility of a second date. How is that bad?" I asked.

"Patience"

"I was walking home from the date and Stephanie was texting non stop so I decided to finally text her back when somebody snatched my phone and ran. I ran behind him until he got into a car and the car sped away. I lost the phone and the number but I was hopeful. I asked my dad for a new phone after narrating the story but he refused to buy me a new one. That year was not good for my phones because I already lost one phone, broke another and now, the third one was stolen."

"He told me that if I needed a phone so bad then I should buy one with my own money. Now I had no way of getting her number, all I knew was her first name and nothing else but one day I spotted her at the mall. I approached her and spoke to her, tried to explain what had happened and she slapped me. She told me that it an excuse that boys used all the time and I didn't have the guts to tell her that I didn't like her so I was lying. She left after slapping me and ridiculing me in the store, I haven't gone back to that store again, by the way." I laughed at this.

"Wait, there is more" Stephanie said and I raised my eyes in question and surprise.

"So, I go to another store and get the things I needed and head to my car only to find the words "I have no guts" inscribed on the hood of my car, the car that my father gave me which was his first car. That chick used a fucking screw driver to write that. Moral of the story, when you ghost a girl, you pay for your phone and your car's hood from the money you earn through your part-time job. I had to drive around in that car with those words for four months" Cooper huffed. She looked so irritated right now.

I burst into laughter hearing the entire story and the look on Cooper's face only made me laugh harder. Not to forget how funny Stephanie's laugh is. We laughed for minutes while Cooper sat with a scowl on her face. She was more irritated than before. She huffed and looked away. Our laughs had died down but Cooper was ignoring us.

"It was so funny, you would have laughed too" I said.

"Funny for you. I was teased about the car for four months and this bitch," she pointed at Stephanie "she still teases me about it. She even posted the thing on her social media so that it never dies. It is on the fucking cloud."

"What are best friends for?" Stephanie chuckled winking. "That reminds me, why the fuck has my best friend not replied to my messages yet?"

"Which messages? Did you send them today or last night?" Cooper asked pulling her phone out.