Chapter 21

Cooper's POV

"You look lovely" I said to Natalia who was wearing a crop top and jeans with a leather jacket. I, myself was wearing black jeans, and a white t-shirt with my denim jacket. It was going go be quite chilly tonight.

I extended the bouquet of flowers that I was holding towards here. "These are for you" I said.

She smiled wide before taking the flowers and inhaling. "How did you know that I like Bourbon Roses?"

"I asked your parents. Did you know that these roses were named after a coast in Madagascar in the Indian Ocean? The coast was called as Île Bourbon but now it is called Réunion" I said.

Natalia smiled and shook her head. She sniffed the roses once again. "I am going to set them in a vase and come back" she said before walking towards the kitchen.

"That is a nice gesture" I heard Heather's melodic voice. I turned around to see her standing by the stairs.

"Thank you" I said. She walked towards me until we were only two feet apart.

"You certainly are a bit old school" she laughed.

"I am sure if somebody brings you a bouquet of Miniature Irises before your date, you'd like it too. So, aren't you are bit old school too?" I replied with a smirk.

Heather looked very shocked. "How did you know that those are my favorite flowers?" she asked with a tinge of pink of her cheeks.

"I have my own ways" I played.

"Even Drake doesn't know that they are my favorite flowers. He has never brought me flowers either" Heather wondered.

"Sorry to say this,  but milady, you have never been out on a real date" I said.

"Shut up, old school. You would probably say I won't touch you until the eight date. You are boring" Heather responded.

I laughed before saying "I may be a bit old school but everyone likes it. You are secretly old school too; but I have never waited until the eight date for sex, I either  get into a relationship or I don't go beyond three or four dates. I have slept with girls on our first dates too but trust me, it is different when you wait and do it with the right person. Sometimes, the right person is worth the wait."

"I am ready to go" Natalia said coming out of the kitchen.

"See you later, Heather" I said in a flirty voice.

I offered my hand to Natalia who linked our arms and we walked to the car. I opened the door for her and got her settled in before going to my side.

"So, what do you have on your mind?" I asked Nat referring to our date.

She blushed profusely and I chuckled. "I- I didn't know. I have never been on a date so..." she trailed off.

"Don't worry, I have the whole day planned. I just need to know if you like Chinese or Italian cuisine" I said and focused on driving.

*********

"It was a lovely date, I had a lot of fun with you, Nat. I am sure if you were a little older we would have made a great couple" I teased her and she blushed hard.

"I liked it too" she replied, still blushing.

"I- umm..." Natalia leaned in, she gave me a quick peck on my cheek before pulling back quickly. She was now blushing ever harder than before.

I turned to open the back door and pulled out a paper bag that contained the prize we won at the arcade. It was a pink teddy bear and box of chocolates that I bought for her. "Here you go" I said handing over the bag.