Chapter 3

After the house tour, my father started explaining our pack's whole history and sharing facts about Red Moon Pack and Howling Sages Pack's friendship over the years. All in all, it was quite informative but also a bit boring, but dare I say that out loud.

We all proceeded downstairs to the gathering hall where we hold all important meetings and ceremonies. A little stage was set up and enough chairs were set up for both the packs to sit. The food was set up in the backyard with barbecue and all sorts of meats.

The stage was decorated with a red theme, the letters spelled out welcome and happy birthday in white across the big red curtain. There was a microphone and four grand chairs set up on the stage. Everybody started to gather inside the hall. We waited a few minutes for everyone to arrive and settle down in their seats. Both the Alphas and the Lunas had taken their seats on the stage.

My father stood up from his chair and walked to the microphone. He gave a smile before addressing the crowd.

"My dear pack members, today we have gathered here for two special occasions. The very first being the merger between our pack Howling Sages and the Red Moon pack from the west. Please put your hands together to welcome the newest members of our pack."

The crowd erupted in cheers. People were clapping, cheering, howling and some were even whistling. My father motioned for the pack to calm down and once they had he continued his speech.

"Here on the stage, I have with me the Alpha and the Luna of Red Moon pack, Alpha Richard and Luna May. I expect all of you to show them and their children Nick and Heather the same respect that you give me, Luna Bernice and Cooper. I expect the same from the Red Moon pack. We know that this whole transition must be a little difficult for both the packs but remember from today onwards we are one united pack and we stand for each other so, if you need anything we are all here for you. I would like to invite Alpha Richard to give you the second good news and say a few words."

After the round of applause, Alpha Richard began his speech. "First of all, I would like to thank Alpha Barry for this very warm welcome"

Another round of applause rang through the hall. "We are all one pack starting today and I expect everybody to show mutual trust and respect towards each other. We all need to stay united to fight our enemies. This might be a little difficult in the beginning but with a few compromises and adjustments and then we are good as new."

"The second news you were all waiting for is that today, we are celebrating the 18th birthday of our future Alphas. Can I please have Heather and Cooper on the stage please?" Alpha Richard said.

I groaned in annoyance. More attention on me or us. I don't know if Heather likes the attention or not but I certainly hate it. I lazily got up from my seat but stood straight before walking up on the stage. I extended a hand towards Heather to help her up since she was wearing a dress. Also, coincidentally we were both wearing red which I didn't notice this when she first arrived.

We both stood beside Alpha Richard while the packs cheered and sang us the birthday song. After the song was over we both thanked everyone. My parents and Heather's mother soon joined us. They all looked very excited especially both the Lunas.

I know why my mom was so excited, she is expecting me to reveal if I have met my mate or not and she thinks that I have. Which is true but then again, I was rejected so I certainly cannot say that to the crowd, especially when the one who rejected me is standing right beside me and in front of everyone. But I decided that if she says that she has found her mate then I will also do the same but won't say that I was rejected.

"As all of you know, the 18th birthday is very special for us werewolves because this is the day we find our soul mates. Today our daughters, your future Alphas have turned 18 and we want to know if they have found their mates or not. Who is excited to know?" Alpha Richard asked the crowd.