Chapter 9

Heather's POV

I woke up to a pair of stormy grey eyes boring into mine. I blushed slightly knowing that Cooper had been staring at my sleeping face. I turned on the other side to check for drool which was quite silly of me since if there was any she would have already seen it by now.

"Good morning" her raspy voice echoed.

"Morning!" I said turning to face her.

Cooper was now sitting up, she was filling a glass of water. She stood up and handed the glass to me, I took the glass and sipped some water as I watched her fill another glass. She sat down on the bed to drink her glass. She collected both of our glasses and put them aside. While I stretched and yawned, Cooper had already made her bed and was now making mine.

"Do you do that everyday?" I asked referring to her making the bed.

"Yes, don't you?" she countered.

I shook my head in embarrassment. Cooper just smiled at me. "I am here so, it's alright."

I didn't know what to take of her statement. Was she only referring to today or the future. I don't want Cooper to get the idea that I like her. Her "date" comment from yesterday had me a little worried. I don't want her to think that she has a chance.

I rushed up to my room without saying another word to Cooper. I finished my daily chores before getting ready for school. I sat down in the dining room, waiting for the breakfast to be served. Today's menu entailed freshly cut fruits, cheese, vegetable sandwiches and omelette. I saw Cooper take a seat opposite mine, she gave me a smile but I didn't return it.

I filled my plate up and started eating in silence. Not long after, Drake came down for breakfast. He gave me a kiss on my mouth before sitting down beside me. I gave him a kiss on his cheek, making sure that Cooper sees it. After we all finished eating we headed out to board the bus. I intentionally sat on Drake's lap with my arms around his neck. The entire bus ride to the school, Drake and I were making out. I knew Cooper saw us but she wasn't paying attention to us, she had no expression on her face. It was like she wasn't even bothered.

Cooper's POV

After Heather left the infirmary without telling me, I spoke to Dr. Baker and thanked her before going to my room to get ready for school. I went to the dining area and sat opposite Heather. I gave her a smile but she ignored me. I sat there eating my food when Drake came down and gave Heather a peck on the lips. Heather gave him a kiss on the cheek after he sat down. It seemed like Heather wanted me to see it, it felt like she wanted to make me jealous. I thought we made some progress but now I don't know what to make out of our situation.

I ate my breakfast silently before heading out. The bus pulled up in a couple of minutes and I made my way to the back. Stephanie and Harry sat with me today. They were talking about some upcoming assignment but I was distracted by Heather and Drake's make out session. The entire ride to the school, they were sucking faces. Neither I nor my wolf liked what was happening, my blood was boiling but I maintained a stoic face and acted as if nothing was bothering me.

My friends kept pestering me but I ignored them too. I plugged in my earphones. The ride was short thankfully, I got off the bus as soon as I could and headed to my locker with Harry and Stephanie in tow.

"Did you see how they never once stopped shoving their tongues down each others throats?" Stephanie exclaimed.

Stephanie and Harry were the ones who loved to gossip. I was getting more and more irritated as their conversation progressed. They couldn't seem to get enough of Heather Bloomingdale and Drake Banjo or like their supporters here at school and the lackeys like to call them Blake or Blanjo or Droomingdale. Like seriously, even their names are not compatible. Their ship names are shit. At least my name and Heather's is a bit more compatible, our ship name could be something cute like Hooper or Blones or even Coomingdale which sounds a little perverted but seriously a lot better than Blanjo or Droomingdale. Our ship name could even be Heater for heaven's sake. I think the best ship name for us would be Bloomer.