Chapter 38

"Shh...." another voice sounded.

Heather giggled quietly, as she hid her face behind the book she was currently reading. Heather and I had come to the public library, we just needed an excuse to get out of the house and I needed free books.

For the past couple of weeks, Heather has been trying her best to get over Drake. Every now and then, she invited me to hang out with her or just for some company, sometimes I am just a silent spectator, other times I am her colleague, sometimes I am her benefactor and at times I am almost a stranger. We haven't gone back to being friends but we aren't behaving as strangers anymore. We acknowledge each other, we maintain a professional relationship and sometimes we joke around too. We are a little more than acquaintances and a little less than friends.

"Oh my god, look at this one" I pointed out yet another sexual innuendo in the book.

Heather burst into laughter, I shushed her but she clutched her stomach and continued to laugh. I could hear the clicking of heels several meters away from me, the sound was fast approaching, it was getting nearer every passing second. It was getting much louder and clearer too, until it stopped.

A throat was cleared "I have been very patient with you, I requested you to keep quiet but you paid no heed, now my only option is to ask you to get out. Before I get rude please get the hell out of my library" the librarian said with a sickening smile on her face that only got bigger with each word.

A shiver ran through my spine, she is so creepy. I nodded my head, gathering my belongings I stood up, Heather followed suit. We both thanked the librarian and apologized for the disturbance as we made our way towards the exit.

Heather burst out laughing once again when we were outside the library. I joined her, our boisterous laughter caught a lot of people's attention and we earned a lot of stinky eyes too. We laughed this off too, we sat in the car, I ignited the car and pulled out of the parking space.

"Where to now?" I asked.

"Ice cream?" Heather suggested.

"Sure, let's go" I said as I turned left to drive towards Baskin Robins. I am not a big fan of ice creams, I don't get why people like them so much, I don't crave for it, like ever. But whenever I do eat ice cream, it's either homemade or from Baskin Robins.

I slowed down when we got on another street, it was a school zone. A few minutes later, I was pulling into BR's parking lot. Heather has been opening her door for herself, she doesn't say anything when I open the door for her to get in but when we get out, she gets out fast, not giving me a chance to run around to open her door.

We walked inside, I ordered a mint chocolate for myself while Heather got some sundae with hot fudge. I don't get the appeal of a sundae, how can one person eat so much ice cream in just one sitting. We grabbed a table and sat down with our ice creams.

"Mint chocolate? Seriously?" Heather eyed my ice cream with distaste. 

"It is nice, it's chocolate, it's mint, what else can anyone want?" I said as if it was so simple.

"You are eating ice cream, why do you want to feel like you are eating paste?" Heather question making me laugh.

"Honestly, it's just rumors, it doesn't taste like toothpaste. Mint chocolate is a actually a very popular combination, enjoyed by many and mint chocolate ice cream is delicious too, if you like mint and chocolate then its perfect. You go to buy chocolate, you will surely spot a chocolate that has mint and those chocolates are wonderful. Mint and chocolate have been the best thing to be combined after chocolate and coffee, nothing beats a mocha and a mint chocolate."