Chapter 18

Cooper's POV

We were almost at the end of the movie. The scene where Allie is trying to choose and she starts sobbing. I heard sniffling on my side and turned to mock Stephanie because she cries upon watching this scene every damn time but to my surprise, Heather was sniffling. Stephanie was full on bawling her eyes out while Heather was trying to hold her tears in but they refused to stay put. I grabbed a tissue box, quickly pulling a few out and handing them to Heather and tossing the rest of the box to Stephanie who glared at me when the box hit her in her face.

Heather quietly cried into the tissue and I couldn't help but stare at her. I know this will definitely sound cliche but Heather looks beautiful even when she is crying. Her eyes gleamed, the chocolate brown turned even darker. Her eyes shined from the tears from the light being emitted by the laptop. Her facial features glowed under the moonlight and the laptop's light. Her red hair looked calm and less fiery as if they changed their color according to her mood.

Heather's nose crinkled as she sniffed once again. She bit her pink plump lips to hold in a whimper. My heart literally jumped out of my body upon seeing her like this. An emotional mess, all I wanted to do was hug her and comfort her and so I did. I put my hand on her shoulder and pulled her closer. Instinctively, she laid her head on my shoulder and I caressed her hair. My eyes wouldn't leave her face. I could feel her warmth seeping into my body. I could feel her chest moving up and down as she took deep breaths. I could feel and hear her every breath, every tear drop soaking my tshirt, every movement her hand made and every little whimper she held in. I could feel it all.

I was so lost in being mindful of the moment I was sharing with Heather that I didn't realize that the movie was over. Heather had calmed down and Stephanie was still crying as she ran to the bathroom and slammed the door bringing me out of my stupor. The bang of the door brought Heather back to reality too, unfortunately for me, she realized the position we were in and she distanced herself from me.

We both sat up straight in complete silence. I missed the warmth of her body. I turned my head to look at her, she was wiping her face with the tissues trying to get rid of the evidence that she cried.

"I didn't know you were such a romantic sap" I teased her in a playful voice.

"Shut up!" she swatted my arm and I let out a chuckle.

"Steph, come out now. We can watch a comedy movie, stop weeping in my bath" I hollered.

"Shut up! You are so insensitive. That movie was so painful, you have no idea how it feels like. You have never been in love and you have never had to see your love with someone else" Stephanie shouted back.

I stopped mid-process of getting out of the bed. She may not know it but I know exactly how that feels, I know how it feels to love someone and watch them be with someone else, to watch them shower their love upon someone who is not you. I know what it feels like when they kiss someone else's lips and not yours. At least in the movie, Noah got a chance to show his love. I, on the other hand, I was never given a chance to show my love or prove it. I was not given an opportunity to court the love of my life let alone express it to her. I got off of the bed and walked to the bathroom.

I twisted the doorknob and to my surprise it was unlocked. I opened the door and got in, I saw Stephanie sitting on the floor still crying. I know this was more than a movie, I know she wasn't crying only because of the movie. I sat down beside her and pulled her into me. She was now sitting on my lap with her head in my chest still crying while I soothed her back and hair.

"Wanna tell me what happened?" I asked in a small soothing voice full of concern.

"I thi-think H-Harry is cheating on m-me" she sobbed and took deep breaths to calm herself.