Chapter 20

Cooper's POV

"Cooper, stop this. I want Drake and only him. You are not my mate, I rejected you. I don't want anything to do with you anymore. Don't ever come near me again."

"Heather - " Heather left before I could even explain myself.

I stood in the kitchen in silence with the water bottle still in my hand. I poured out my heart, I tried to tell her everything I wanted to through a song. I would never have forced her to be with me or to leave Drake. I just wanted one chance, one fucking chance yet she rejected me once again. She didn't even let me give her an explanation. I deserved a chance but she won't give me one.

Disappointed, I sighed. I threw away the water bottle before making my way upstairs. I went and sat in my father's office because he expected to see me here. I waited for about hf an hour until my parents entered the office. Father looked very disappointed and mother looked angry, I am not sure what is the reason behind her anger. I sat up straight, ready to hear how I have disappointed him, yet again.

My mind was still stuck on Heather, how she rejected me once again. All she needed to do was hear me out and maybe give me one chance, just one fucking chance but she didn't even want to try.

"What the fuck was that, Cooper?" my father yelled. This is not the first time that he was using such words.

"I was at a party, the kids asked me to join them. I like those kids and I didn't want to make them sad for no reason at all" I defended.

"Did you see anybody else dancing with them?" he hollered.

"Nobody else babysat them, I did. And everybody was dancing anyway, either with their partners or friends. I was also trying to enjoy the party after you made a joke out of me."

An echo rang through the room. My face was still titled to the side, my hand was automatically on my cheek trying to soothe the burning. The wounds on my cheek burned due to the slap, the pain lingered. I stood up straight when I heard my mom's gasp.

"Barry, how dare you raise your hand at our daughter?" mom yelled in anger.

She came over to me to check on my cheek, I gave her an assuring smile to calm her down. My father slammed his fist on the table making my mom visibly shake.

"Putting forward a proposal to Hera without even letting me know first was not fair. It is my life and you don't get to decide who my mate will be. You should be happy that I lied to protect your fake pride, otherwise every single person would know how selfish you really are" I sneered.

"Don't you dare, girl!" my father warned.

"You did not even talk to her about it?" mom asked in shock.

"Why did you even want her to get married to Hera? What did you think you'd gain?" mom asked him but he sat quietly.

"I know why he made that proposal to Hera. She is a half witch, she has magical powers. She has the ability to charm people and persuade them,  she can make them do what she wants. If she joins our pack then father can get his way in any negotiation. Isn't that right father?" I asked.

"Yes, it is. So what if I didn't ask her? Her primary duty is towards the pack and Hera is gifted. I was doing what was best for her and the pack. This girl is just being ungrateful."

"She has a life, we cannot take all the decisions in her life. We don't have the right, Barry" Mom tried to tell father.

"Let it be, Bernice. This child is selfish. She doesn't care about anybody else but herself."