Chapter 25

Cooper's POV

The past few days have been weird. Weird in the sense that Heather has been avoiding me like a plague. Every time  I come face to face with her, she makes up an excuse and walks away. If she happens to not be able to avoid me then she ignores my presence and maybe my existence too. The other day, we both got out of our rooms at the same time, I was waiting patiently for her to walk before me but instead she went back into her room without uttering a single word. She arrived to the meeting 10 minutes late because she needed to avoid walking with me or talking to me.

This week like the past few days will be hectic too. After I sent out the letters and emails we have received support from majority of our allies, the ones who were going back and forth had to be reminded that they owed us and that it wouldn't be wise to become the enemy of the largest pack in the country. We have had visitors coming and going, there have been numerous meeting, lots of meet and greets, a humongous amount of training and a whole lot of unnecessary smiling.

It was friday evening and we were set to meet an Alpha who is visiting us with his family, he is Alpha Richard's childhood friend. The dinner preparations were being carried out with extreme precision, in fact, Luna May, herself asked me to bake my famous apple pie which of course I did but for the whole pack not juat the guests. I had just taken a shower to get rid of the kitchen smell from me. I decided to wear grey formal pants with a black turtle neck since it has gotten colder now. I was styling my hair when the scar on my forehead became visible, the scar that my rapist gave me. They still haven't found the culprit. Dr. Baker has called around the local hospital to check if anyone with a penis injury had come that matches the profile of our culprit but she hasn't found anything yet. She sent the penis for DNA testing and she will try to match it in the criminal database of the state with the help of our tech guy as soon as she gets the results.

I decided to let my hair fall on my forehead to cover the scar. I sprayed some perfume and put on my watch before wearing my formal shoes. I opened the door and walked outside, closing the door behind me. I turned around to see Heather getting out of her room in a tight black dress that ended just above her knee, the dress had a spaghetti strap and a U shaped neckline. The pack's brooch had been pinned to the top right of her dress. She looked mesmerizing. She had minimal make up on, her mascara made her eyes pop more. She looked delicious with that red lip stick of hers and the dress hugged every curve of her body in the most astonishing manner.

I couldn't take my eyes off of her, she stared at me or rather glared at me. She had an annoyed expression on her face, she checked her watch and groaned in annoyance before muttering 'every fucking time' then she walked away. I looked down at my own clothing and realized what she was so annoyed about, we had matched yet again and it was the fourth time this week. I chuckled lowly to myself before following her downstairs.

I helped in setting up the table, I pulled out skme nice bottles of white wine to go with the chicken, I set two of them on the table and the others on the kitchen table. The bell rang and we assembled by the door to welcome the guests. Alpha Richard and father welcomed them into the house, they were speaking animatedly with extreme hand gestures. I stood beside Heather patiently to be introduced.

"George, this is Heather, my daughter and that is Cooper, Barry's daughter. They are the future alphas of this pack" Alpha Richard introduced. We shook hands with the alpha, I kissed the Luna's hand slightly bowing. Another perfectly manicured hand dropped right in front of my face. I looked up to the see owner of the hand and my eyes widened in surprise.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Cooper Jones, ever so charming", she said with a smirk on her lips. A small smile graced my face.

"Is she your mate?" she asked looking at Heather. "The moon goddess has blessed you with a beautiful one, I hope she can keep up with your needs in bed. God, you are such a monster in bed or should I say a Succubus?"