Chapter 26

A couple of weeks have passed since Heather has stopped talking to me, she doesn't even spare me a glance. I have tried to apologize to her numerous times but she doesn't want to listen. It's not like what I said was wrong, she had called me a slut and all I said was that she has a boyfriend on the side. I may have called her a cheater indirectly but that shouldn't mean anything since she rejected me. Being called a whore and a slut is far worse than being called a cheater especially when both of us know that she isn't one.

I was getting angry and frustrated with her. I didn't know what to do. I just had a couple of weeks until graduation and then about two and a half months before college starts and I am supposed to be married before going to college. This weekend all the adults were going out for a camping trip, they were to leave this evening and then come back on Sunday evening. So all the younger kids will be supervised by some of the responsible adults, while most of the teenagers will run off to a party.

I was helping in putting away the bags into the coach, mom was pretty excited about the trip. She had been yapping about it non-stop all week, I just nodded and gave an occasional 'yeah' and 'that's good' to make it seem like I was listening. After putting away the last bag, I made my way over to the front of the bus.

"Cooper, come here, honey" mom called. She stood under the shade of a tree a few feet away from the bus.

I walked over to mom, leaning my back against the tree, I sighed. I have been very tired these past few weeks, my thoughts have been consumed by a certain red headed  beauty who doesn't want to acknowledge my existence. I have been keeping myself busy with gym, training drills, military training and my part time jobs. I worked at the restaurant during the week days but on the weekends I worked at the library. Every waking moment of my life was dedicated to exercising or working or studying. I have been trying not to think about how empty my heart feels without Heather. Heather and Drake have been having sex constantly, it is so frequent now that it leaves me completely exhausted and in pain. Sometimes, I cannot even move for hours, sometimes I pass out, sometimes I bleed from my mouth or nose or ears or all three of them and since the past few days I have been coughing up blood. I have lost a significant amount of weight and no matter how much protein I eat and exercise, my body doesn't bulk up anymore. Hugh has started asking questions, he makes me eat in front of him everyday now.

"What is going on, dear? I have noticed that you have not been your usual self these past few weeks" mom asked.

"It's nothing, mom. School is stressful" I lied.

"Why don't you quit your weekend job at the library then?" mom inquired.

"It's all good, mom. I assure you that everything is fine, I will manage" I gave her a smile. My smiles are usually fake these days, I have forgotten my real smile.

"Are you sure, honey?" mom asked.

"Yes, maa. I am fine, there is nothing to worry about. Now get on that bus and have a fun trip" I said walking mom back to the coach.

As soon as everyone got on, the coach hummed to life and they left. I waited until I couldn't see the coach anymore before sitting in a chair at the picnic table. I pulled out a spliff and lit it. I have been consuming more and more of this stuff. I go to school stoned, I go to work stoned, I study stoned, I sleep stoned and I wake up stoned. I can't tell reality and hallucinations apart sometimes. But it's mostly fine, weed does not effect werewolves the same way it does humans. We have a higher tolerance so it's difficult for us to get high.

A few minutes later, I put out the spliff and threw the butt into a dust bin before walking into the house. The house was in utter chaos. The teenagers were running from one place to another, the furniture was being moved. All the expensive items were being taken down to the store room. I couldn't wrap my head around what was happening. A lot of nyquil bottles were pulled out and were being poured into a juice. The younger kids were being forced to eat up their dinner quickly. Each kid was given a glass of juice that contained nyquil. I understood what was happening, they were all preparing to throw a fucking party.