Chapter 12

Cooper's POV

Another month had passed, I was almost completely healed now. Drake bashed my skull pretty good. Dr.Baker had to collect droplets of saliva from Heather for almost a week and then made some kind of ointment out of it to close the wound on my head. I know, it sounds completely gross and not at all sexual like when she had to lick my wounds to heal me.

"What are you thinking about?"

I turned to face the raven haired  owner of the voice. "Nothing, Cheryl. What do you want to do today?" I asked her.

Cheryl has been stopping by these past few week to check on me. She spends an hour or two with me once or twice a week. Its been 6 months now, 4 months later I will have to accept Cheryl as my mate because Heather doesn't want to accept that Drake is not her mate.

"Actually, I just wanted to talk to you about something" Cheryl said in a low tone.

"Go ahead" I prompted.

"I am really sorry for doing this to you. I don't think that I can be your mate, I found my true mate last week and I won't be able to leave him. I am sorry" Cheryl sobbed.

I let out a small chuckle. Cheryl gave me a weird look. "Why are you crying? That is such a good thing. After 7 long years, you have finally found your mate. Congrats!"

"You are not upset?" Cheryl asked.

I shook my head, Cheryl gave me a side hug. "Who is he?" I asked.

"School hired a new physics teacher, he is my mate. His name is Kyle and he is from the UK. He came to the states in search of his mate" Cheryl blushed.

"Aw... that is so sweet. Have you told your parents yet?" I asked.

"No, but I am planning on inviting him over for dinner tomorrow. I will tell my parents tonight and maybe yours too" Cheryl said and I groaned at the mention of my parents, I am sure my father will pester me about finding my true mate or finding someone who could be worthy of being my luna.

****

I was summoned to the alpha's office shortly after dinner. I walked to the office, I could smell 5 different scents, one of them belonged to Cheryl. I knocked on the door before entering. I greeted everyone that was present in the room before taking a seat beside Cheryl. Looks like she has informed everybody about finding her mate.

"Cooper, Cheryl has found her mate with whom she wishes to spend her life. Unfortunately for you, this means that you either find your true mate or a replacement in the next 4 months. You are to complete your mating ceremonies before going off to college" my father said.

"Okay, is there anything else or can I leave?" I asked.

Father motioned for me to go. Mom looked kinda sad that Cheryl has found her mate. Mom has always been quite attached to Cheryl. I got up and left the office quietly. I made my way up to my room. I grabbed a joint and my lighter before climbing the roof.

I am supposed to be going to a conference on the day after tomorrow with Heather. It's the first time we will be representing our pack. My father believes that its time we take responsibility of the pack. The conference is a three day event. I haven't spoken to Heather since that night when she healed my wounds. We see each other but we act as if we don't.

I lighted the joint and took a puff. I could see Heather's car getting closer to the pack house. She owned a black BMW and a white Audi. I on the other hand still drive my father's old car. My father doesn't really spend money on me, he doesn't buy me expensive gifts or anything. My mother is always the one who buys me things, she got me a play station, a drum set, a guitar and also an ATV which is great for the rainy season in these mountains. My father never really showed me any appreciation, neither with words nor with materialistic possessions.