Chapter 11

Heather's POV

Its been 5 months since we came here. The new pack has been nothing but kind to us except for that stupid Cooper. She still manages to annoy me even when she is not talking to me. These past few months Cooper has gone from being everywhere in the house due to punishment to not being seen anywhere at all. I heard she got a part time job at a restaurant in the kitchen. Drake and I have been to that restaurant a lot of times since it's close and the food they serve is delicious.

It's Christmas today, I was really excited to open my gifts. I bought gifts for all my family and friends. I woke up quite early in the morning, the excitement of giving and receiving gifts doesn't let me sleep much. I shook Drake to wake him up. He groaned and turned to the other side. I started to tickle him which actually got him to wake up. Drake has been sleeping in my room a lot since we have been having too much sex.

I hopped into the bathroom to freshen up before going downstairs to the christmas tree. The kids were jumping about, tearing open gifts and comparing them. Everybody was smiling. I looked around the room, everybody was smiling and talking. I spotted Cooper with Stephanie and Harry, they both looked red and embarrassed.

I took the presents I bought and gave them to my mom, dad, Nick, Drake and my two best friends Sarah and Natasha. We have been best friends since we were little. I received my gifts from everyone too but there lay one more gift under the tree with my name on it but the giver's name was missing.

First, I opened the gift that my parents got me. It was a beautiful and delicate necklace with a diamond studded H as a pendant. I was really excited to get it. They also got me an apple smartwatch which I was very excited to try. Nick got me headphones from Marshall and a designer leather jacket which he had seen me talk about when we went to the mall. Sarah got me, Natasha and herself matching bracelets while Natasha got me a pair of sunglasses.

After having received all these special gifts, I was so excited to open Drake's. He handed me his gift and I opened it carefully only to find a picture frame of us. Drake could have put in more effort in the gift, he could have been more thoughtful like everyone else. I didn't demand for expensive gifts, I just needed something thoughtful. I picked up the gift addressed to me but had no idea who gave it.

I opened the gift wrap very carefully so as to not damage anything, even the wrapping paper. The gift turned out to be the first edition of Little Women, my most favourite book. I jumped up in joy. I looked at Drake, he seemed confused for a bit.

"You got me the first edition of my favorite book? Oh my god, thank you so much. I thought you just got me a lousy picture frame but this is an amazing gift. I love it" I hugged and kissed Drake who just smiled at me.

The day had gone by in a blur mostly. After some great sex, I went to the shower to get ready for the evening. I shampooed my hair well before rinsing it off. After the relaxing shower, I proceeded to apply make up. I put on light, natural make up but I added a bright red lipstick to bring out my hair and dress even more.

I was wearing a red dress that reached mid thigh. I put on the necklace and my new smart watch I received today as an accessory. I slipped into my black high heels before looking over myself in the mirror. I walked outside and Cooper came out at the same time. We stared at each other for a couple of minutes.

Cooper was dressed in a formal blue shirt with navy blue dress pants, a sweater and a red tie to match. This reminded me so much of how boys match their ties with their girlfriend's dress colors on prom night. A smile crept onto Cooper's face, it had become a rare sight. I didn't smile even though I wanted to. My wolf was snarling at me for doing that because after I didn't smile back her smile fell. My wolf and I have been fighting a lot since I slapped Cooper.