Chapter 13

Heather's POV

Why the fuck do I have to attend this stupid dinner? I am not even sure what to wear. I pulled out a few more dresses but none of them stood out. I dug deep into my closet for dresses and then one finally stood out. A long blue dress with a slit in the middle that starts from the knees, it has a three fourth sleeve on one side while the other side is sleeveless.

I put on the dress quickly. It suited me, it fit perfectly and showed off my curves. The dress code for this dinner was formal so I put on some light make up and a bright lipstick to go with it. I decided to leave my hair down in waves. I looked at my overall appearance once again before heading down.

I saw Cooper sitting on the couch in a blue shirt and black pants. The shirt was a bit tight on her body and showed off her muscles. Cooper inhaled deeply before closing her eyes. I walked closer and took a seat on the couch. Cooper turned to face me before opening her eyes again, she had a cheeky smile on her face. She looked at me as if I was the most beautiful thing on this planet. She wouldn't stop staring at me, there were butterflies in my tummy, she was making me uncomfortable. I only wanted to be looked at in that way by Drake who never really does. I grabbed a remote and hit her in the face to stop her from staring at me.

I could see how Cooper was flirting with Cheryl after the Kyle guy came. I wanted to smack her for some reason. Cooper then leaned in and kissed Cheryl on her cheek. A low growl left my throat but thankfully no one heard it because Kyle growled very loudly. Cooper was chuckling to herself.

Dinner was ready soon, Cooper and I sat opposite Cheryl and Kyle. Sometimes I just don't understand how Cooper and my clothes match, like today for instance and how her tie matched my christmas dress. Food and wine was served, everybody began eating. The sound of cutlery mixed with our voices.

"First of all, Kyle and Cheryl congratulations. Our Cheryl has been waiting for her mate for so long and now she has found you, we are all so very happy. Secondly, a hearty welcome to you Kyle, we can perform your initiation soon" Alpha Barry addressed and everybody toasted and we began eating.

I gave Cooper a confused look. I thought Cheryl and Cooper were supposed to be mates and now all of a sudden Cheryl finds her mate. How unfortunate for Cooper!

I nudged Cooper in her rib who turned and asked "What?"

"Cheryl found her mate?" I asked surprised. Cooper nodded her head, I felt bad for her.

"What are you going to do now?" I asked her.

"I don't know" she said and ate her dinner quietly. Cooper has changed so much in the past few months and even though I have known her for a very short time, I know that she was not always like this.

We were all conversing when Kyle asked Cooper how she and Cheryl became friends, at first she didn't hear him and her mom had to repeat the question to her.

"Oh.., um- well, she was supposed to marry me after 4 months" Cooper blurted out. I was holding in my laughter so hard, Kyle looked very pissed while Cooper seemed to be enjoying.  Kyle looked at me for an explanation, as if I could explain this shit.

"I would like to excuse myself and Cooper, please" Kyle said as he got up from his chair, Cooper sighed but followed him.

"This should be interesting" she mumbled as she walked away from the table.

Kyle and Cooper had been out for a long time now. "Heather, can you come with me to check up on them?" Cheryl asked.

"Of course" I said and followed her out.

"I was just test driving the car before I actually bought it." I heard Cooper say while laughing when Cheryl and I reached the backyard.

Kyle took heavy steps towards Cooper and delivered a punch to her face. He was about to throw another one when Cheryl caught his arm. Cooper wiped the blood from her mouth and groaned.