Chapter 36

Heather's POV

My wolf has been raging with jealousy since the past few days. Ever since the suitors started arriving, my wolf has been having trouble controlling her emotions. Nicole is the one who pisses me off the most, she is always flirting with Cooper, touching her unnecessarily. I feel like I am stuck in a real life Bachelor's season.

The suitors were selected based on their applications and their first interviews with Alpha Barry. Those who were selected were invited here to participate in the competitions. A total of 15 suitors were selected and invited, out of the 15, 8 are women and the rest are men. The first round was basically a date, each of the suitors had to plan and take Cooper out on a short date, they were all given time slots and dates for the date. Cooper went on dates with all the candidates from morning till night for four consecutive days after which. 4 of the contestants were eliminated.

The dates and all the flirting by so many men and women was making my blood boil in jealousy. My wolf had become very moody, I was snapping at others and everything seemed annoying. Drake hasn't proposed to me yet and it is worrying me now. He should have proposed to be by now.

The second round was basically a talents show of some sorts, all the suitors had to show what they were best at, they had to present a unique skill and show how good they were. Three more were eliminated and sent home after this round. The third round was an aptitude test that Cooper herself designed. Only 2 of the contestants passed it and Cooper was ecstatic and wanted to eliminate all those who failed but her father insisted that the passing grade should be brought down. Fortunately or unfortunately, only three were eliminated.

Today was the last day of the fourth round, only five candidates remained. Nicole West, Henry Williams, Tony Graham, Barbara Stolek and Aida Russo. The fourth round was a combat battle round, all of the candidates had to fight the others. Every single candidate had to fight the four remaining candidates. Tony was the first to fight, he won 2 out of the four fights, the second day was Nicole's turn and surprisingly, she won all of the fights. Then came Henry who managed to win three, Aida who also won three and Barbara who was fighting today had already lost three fights, this was her last fight for the day. We seemed to have a clear winner.

Barbara, delivered a kick to Henry's nuts, effectively making him fall to the ground. When Henry got back up, Barbara was ready with a roundhouse kick that knocked Henry out. Barbara won the fight, she won one out of the four fights. Alpha Barry took to the stage, he announced Barbara as the winner.

"The candidates need to have at least 3 wins to qualify for the fifth round. Those of whom who have qualified are Nicole West who won 4 fights, then Henry Williams who won 3 and Aida Russo who also won 3 fights. The fifth round is a surprise to us all, Cooper herself chose the activity and will reveal it now" Alpha Barry announced.

Cooper came up, Nicole and Cooper exchanged a look, a smirk formed onto their faces. They have become sort of like friends in the past few days, Cooper seemed to like Nicole more than any other contestant and her second favorite contestant was Aida. Henry is the one she disliked the most, mostly because of his attitude and arrogance but the fact that he is a man doesn't help at all.

"Congratulations to all the candidates who have made it to the final round but I seriously pity you all. The final round is actually the toughest one, it is also the most dangerous one. I was promised that I could design a challenge of my own and nobody would object to it so I am sure you will all be co-operative" Cooper stated.

"The final round will consist of a treasure hunt" Cooper announced and the crowd cheered. "You will all be given an hour and a clue to begin with. You will have to search for the other clues, cross the obstacles to figure out where the treasure is. Once you have figured it out and reach the right place, you will find me there. I will be the guardian of the treasure and in order to get it, you will have to defeat me in hand to hand combat, only in human form. Whoever succeeds in defeating me and wins the treasure will make me their bride" Cooper finished with a smirk. Alpha Barry was astound, he probably never expected Cooper to insert herself into the competition.