Chapter 1

Hello, my dear readers. I am so happy that you chose to read this book and I hope you enjoy reading it. I can guarantee you that it will be a roller coaster ride for your emotions because that is my aim.

Warning :

This is a non-fictional story, all right reserved. Any part of this book may not be copied or reproduced in any media without the author's permission. Any relation to a person, place or character is a coincidence.

This book is LGBTQ+ themed and will have kissing scenes and sex scenes with people of the same gender.

This book is rated mature. It may trigger emotions or memories, read at your own risk.

With all that being said, please enjoy the book and have fun. I really hope you like it.

Cooper's POV

I looked at myself in the mirror. Today, is the day our packs will merge and today is also the day I turn 18 years old, the day I find my mate.

I have never believed in this mate bond thing, how can you fall in love at first sight? But, maybe today, I will finally find out how. I brush my hair out of my face and get ready for school. Senior year is no joke, applying to universities and making life changing decisions.

I got dressed in a white t-shirt with black ripped jeans and my black leather jacket. I put on some extra cologne so as to smell good, just in case I find my mate but then again I know it is useless since we only smell our mate's original scent.

I grabbed my bag and made my way down the stairs. I walked to the kitchen and took a seat opposite my father.

"Good morning, father" I greeted him.

He folded the newspaper and set it aside. He folded his arms across his chest. My father can be a very intimidating man, he is the most disciplined and serious person I have ever met. He stared at my cloudy grey eyes with his deep brown eyes.

"Good morning, Cooper, happy birthday. I hope your birthday does not distract you from your duties as the future Alpha of our pack. As soon as your school is over, you get here and be ready to welcome the new pack and then we have a dinner with all the old and the new pack members where you will announce if you have found your mate. Is that clear?" My father spoke in his deep voice.

"Thank you, father. And yes, I remember that the new pack is joining us today and I assure you that I will be here on time to welcome the new members. The guys and I will also be helping the Red Moon pack with moving the goods, sir."

Yes, you heard it right, I call my father 'father' instead of dad or pops or papa. The only other acceptable terms that I can use are 'Sir' and 'Father'. My father is a veteran and he is a disciplinary. He has raised me as if I live on the borders which I am not complaining about but sometimes it feels good to be on the receiving end of his love. My mother is only one who is fortunate enough to see his soft side.

My mother on the other hand is a very compassionate woman, she is always showering everybody with love and affection. She is truly a mother figure for our entire pack. Speaking of mother, I can hear mom singing while she whips up some food for us. I can hear her footsteps coming out of the kitchen.

Mom walks out with two plates full of food. I can see eggs, bacon and pancakes. She sets one in front of my father and gives him a peck on his cheek then she makes her way towards me and sets my plate of food in front of me. She leans down to kiss my cheek and with a huge smile of her face she engulfs me into a hug.

"Happy birthday, honey! You are finally a grown up" she says as she retreats from the hug.

"Thank you, mother" I say politely.