Chapter 24

Trigger Warning

This chapter contains an instance of sexual assualt/attempted rape. Please do not read if your are sensitive and susceptible to emotional, or mental trauma. Can trigger memories.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell? Are you sure that you searched everywhere?" I heard on the other side of the door.

Alpha Barry has been going on and on since this morning. I was actually awoken by him screaming and yelling at everyone. When I woke up, I found myself in Drake's arms, our naked bodies entangled into each others. The sex was great last night, we were at it for hours but somehow my libido was still not satisfied. We barely got like 4 hours of sleep. I couldn't believe that I almost slept with Cooper, I feel so ashamed of myself. Which reminds me, Cooper hasn't come back from the woods. It's past noon now and nobody has seen her which has Luna Bernice worried sick and seeing her like that is making Alpha Barry more and more agitated and angry.

I forced myself to knock on the door. I am sure that Cooper is fine, she must have fallen asleep in the woods and hasn't woken up yet. I heard a faint 'enter' from the other side of the door. I pushed down the handle and got inside the room.

"Alphas, Lunas" I acknowledged both the pairs with a slight bow of my head. "I am sure Cooper is fine. I saw her working on the ditch last night and then she wandered into the woods, maybe for a walk. I am sure she is doing okay and is probably still sleeping."

"This is Cooper we are talking about. She is no lazy bum, she is up before the sun everyday since she was 10 years old. No matter how sick she is or how tired she is, she is up before the sun" Luna Bernice said.

"It's okay, honey, calm down. At least now we know where to search. I am sending the warriors to search the woods and the perimeters right away" Alpha Barry consoled his wife.

I dismissed myself from the office and went down to the kitchen to get some food. My wolf hasn't been talking to me, she is very angry about what happened yesterday. Cooper rejected her and she is very pissed but at the same time she is also worried about her. I made myself a sandwich and dug in. Yesterday's activities with Drake had me beat, I was super hungry. I was halfway through my sandwich when the front door burst open and a warrior came in looking very disoriented and panicked. He started yelling for the alpha and the luna to come down immediately. Behind him came four other warriors carrying Cooper inside the house.

I threw away my sandwich and rushed to Cooper. The warriors were taking her to the infirmary and the other warrior was waiting for Alpha Barry and Luna Bernice to give them the news. I followed the warriors to the infirmary, I still couldn't get a look at her. The warriors laid her on a bed and the doctor rushed to do check Cooper and examine her. I finally found some space and squeezed myself in to get closer to the bed.

What I saw shattered my heart, a pang of guilt hit me hard. I don't know why but I felt like whatever happened to Cooper was my fault. Cooper's clothes were stained in blood, there was blood gushing out of her ears and mouth. There was also a huge claw mark on her shirt and her clothes were ripped. My mind went into overdrive, I couldn't stop the horrible scenarios that ran through my head.

Cooper's parents rushed in and came close to see their daughter. Luna Bernice started wailing upon seeing Cooper. Alpha Barry held his crying wife to his chest and looked at the doctor expectantly trying to understand what happened to their only child. For the first time, I could see fear and worry in Alpha Barry's eyes.

"I need privacy to check my patient. I want you all to leave" Doctor said.

My body was frozen, I couldn't move. My eyes were fixated on Cooper's face which now had a gash on the forehead. She seemed to have fingerprints on her face like she was slapped. Was she attacked after I lost track of her? My blood was boiling with anger, Ruby was growling too. We both wanted to rip out the throat of the person responsible for Cooper's condition. Somebody pushed me out of the way as Dr. Baker pulled the curtains to complete her examination. She came out twice to get more tools before disappearing behind the curtain again.